Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like title says, is there one?
I play a lot of Quake mods on my 3ds but i tend to get tired of going in HBL just for that. Is there something like a tool similar to 3dsxlauncherloader but for smdh?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What exactly are you asking for?

SMDH is just an icon file (which is made out of the visible icon, the multilanguage titles and descriptions, and some attributes that are not used for 3dsx programs)

Are you maybe thinking of the ability to have multiple XMLs (each of which may or may not have a SMDH) to point to a single 3dsx with different arguments?

Reactions: Craftyawesome

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What exactly are you asking for?

SMDH is just an icon file (which is made out of the visible icon, the multilanguage titles and descriptions, and some attributes that are not used for 3dsx programs)

Are you maybe thinking of the ability to have multiple XMLs (each of which may or may not have a SMDH) to point to a single 3dsx with different arguments?
Yeah those.
But i want a cia of the xml so i can have it on my home menu

Last edited by Purplstuph,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I boot mods with the .cia version? If i can't can someone help me make an xml for the half life mod? (want to play half life on my 3ds)

You can't without modifying the source code.

There goes the mod pack infused ctrQuake CIA idea.

As for making a CIA forwarder to boot a specific mod pack that then launches the .3dsx version of ctrQuake, you would have to learn how to code this yourself or request someone to do this for you.

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There goes the mod pack infused ctrQuake CIA idea.

As for making a CIA forwarder to boot a specific mod pack that then launches the .3dsx version of ctrQuake, you would have to learn how to code this yourself or request someone to do this for you.
Alright. I'll just stick with xml shortcuts since i don't know how to code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?