Is there a true beta Lavender Town theme?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by sodaddict, Aug 31, 2016.

1. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I've looked everywhere for the so called "Beta Lavender Town" theme from the original Pokemon Green, every single one i found was just a remix with images added into the audio.
    Is there truly a real beta Lavender Town theme, or is it all just a hoax and was never changed in the first place? I can't find any solid evidence.

2. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    My understanding is that the music in Lavender town in the original Pokemon Red and Green Japanese versions was a bit different, I believe you can hear the differences on youtube. It sounds like it was a slightly annoying tune so they remixed it for Pokemon Blue and the international releases of the first gen games.

3. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Yeah then people rumored it made kids kill themselves.

4. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    haha yeah, people went crazy with the creepypasta with this one. It admittedly made for some fun reads.

Subtle Demise and Zero72463 like this.
  5. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Who was the composer for the old pokemon games? I bet if they did music that was exclusively like the Lavender Town theme, they'd be right up there with Throbbing Gristle, Nurse With Wound, Coil, The Residents, and all those other great artists that perfected the art of making people uncomfortable and taking them to dark places.

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The official R/G/FR/LG 4-disc soundtrack, released this year in Japan (and bought by me 3 weeks ago) does have a "Lavender town 1997" song, fwiw