Homebrew Is there a Homebrew program that lets you do this?

KangamaVGC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Today in the Pokémon VGC community someone was accused for cheating in 3ds online matches

Source: ht tp s ://i mgur.co m/a/b6i VHis
In theory, someone had a program/cheat on his 3ds homebrew so that his 3ds could get server information (like moves and actions that his rival was doing) while he was playing.

My question is, is that even possible? If so, what program/cheat could let you do that?

I've heard from some people that they've heard about something similar in the past, but they don't remember the 3ds program that makes that work.

Edit: sorry about that link being separated by spaces but I couldn't post that image otherwise

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The earliest versions of X/Y did indeed not use encrypted connections for online multiplayer, so you could sniff your opponent's actions using another device; later they upgraded the games to use encryption, with a (then) undumpable private key

Nothing was really discussed afterwards, but obviously a 3DS running the game is able to decrypt the communication, and does load the opponent's team in memory: writing a romhack/plugin to view them would technically be possible (though again I have never heard of such an effort, not that I care for Pokemon multiplayer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over