Hacking Question Is there a guide for installing SX OS using a Mac?

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Put the boot.dat file on your SD card.

On your Mac, follow the guide here in the forum to install the Fusée Gelée launcher on your mac. I cannot post links yet, unfortunately. Just search for "fusee gelee launcher for macos".

Then put the payload.bin file from Team Xecuter into the payloads directory of the fusee launcher (if it does not exist, just create it). Start the launcher using the macOS launch.command file and click on run, as soon as you have connected your Switch in RCM mode. That should be it. :yayswitch:

Reactions: morrison22

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by dude1,

RedHotSgtPeppers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, I'm using a Mac and an exFAT micro SD. The only way I can get TX to recognize my .xci files is to copy them one at a time from my phone (Mac > phone storage > switch SD card) or from a PC to the micro SD (still one game at a time). I tried to copy all the games I have onto the SD at once but it only recognized the first game that copied.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a tutorial for SXOS using OSX:

For RCM, the simplest method is using aluminium foil from the kitchen, it's softer than other metal so it's less likely to damage the pin. Watch the video here on how to do it:

Make sure boot.bin is in your SDcard.

Once you get your Switch into RCM, use the USB-C charging cable for your MacBook and connect it to your Switch. When you connect the cable, remember to hold down the volume-up button or else the Switch will turned on.

To setup the Mac, follow this instruction from OkazakiTheOtaku:

1. Install brew via https://brew.sh
2. Install Python 3 and libusb: brew install python libusb
3. Install pyusb: python3 -mpip install pyusb
4. Install tkinter: python3 -mpip install tkinter

Now download the Sendbin program: https://github.com/Shmadul/SendBin/releases

Now all you need to do is drag and drop payload.bin into Sendbin and you will see SX OS boot up with the logo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff