Hacking Is their any way to install .CIA files to 3ds

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind if I join you?

Granted, if one was to be released, I'd probably make use of it, but if not, it's not exactly the end of the world for me. I'm sure a plan B will come to light soon.

I'd be happy if there was a way to install homebrew to the SD card and ftp over new builds for testing instead of the clunky "take out microSD card from gateway card, insert it into card reader, copy file, remove card reader from computer, take microSD card out of reader, re-insert into gateway card" workflow.

bravest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe Gateway does simple checks such as for the hash of certain games like DevMenu to prevent them from being used. These are easily circumvented.

However a more insidious check is that the GW kernel will force quit any application that attempts to access certain services. If you manage to launch devmenu, it will say that the cartridge was ejected to prevent you from using it.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Gateway does simple checks such as for the hash of certain games like DevMenu to prevent them from being used. These are easily circumvented.

However a more insidious check is that the GW kernel will force quit any application that attempts to access certain services. If you manage to launch devmenu, it will say that the cartridge was ejected to prevent you from using it.

most likely

**snip**

Good Thing its not released yet #9.x update

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to some who have the Devmenu it appears DLC released by Bigbluebox is not specific to a console key and can't be installed with ease

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh gotcha, im behind on the times here on if someone figured out how to do cia files, seems a lot of rumors and one guy knows how but wont release it, oh well

The trick is to get Dev Menu running, which isnt public knowledge, but possible.

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to some who have the Devmenu it appears DLC released by Bigbluebox is not specific to a console key and can't be installed with ease
that's what happens when you convert ancient DevMenu revs. they don't support DLC. DevMenu isn't some kind of piracy magic wand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2