Is the gpd xd plus worth $255?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get a 3DS which can run emulators and 3DS games for that price though :thinking:

Edit: Or even a used Vita that can run retroarch and play vita/psp/PS1 games at really nice speeds :D

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I bought mine from geekbuying: https://m.geekbuying.com/item/GPD-XD-Plus-Gamepad-Tablet-PC-4GB-32GB-Black-391045.html
It was me in the environment of 200 euros which is about that 205 dollar price point.

It's absolutely a great machine. Lies comfortable in hand, great controllers and runs emulators from the box (heck .. They even had some pre-installed :P) . Runs old emulators flawless, and n64 and PSP good (not all games flawless, but that depends on what you play).
OH, and my review of the thing : https://gbatemp.net/entry/my-gpd-xd-review-ish.14833/

Whether it's worth the price depends on what you're going to use it for. @SonyUSA is right : if it's purely for emulators then 3ds or vita are equal or better equipped. The gpd is less of a hassle to set up, but that's only a one time issue. The main advantage is androids library. That is, obviously, if you WANT to play these. If so : yes, that's worth it. If you're one of those 'Android has no good games' guys, then those other handhelds are a better deal.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get a 3DS which can run emulators and 3DS games for that price though :thinking:

Edit: Or even a used Vita that can run retroarch and play vita/psp/PS1 games at really nice speeds :D

Eh, really depends. 3DS and N3DS still struggle with even Snes emulation, at least, Snes emulation with Snes9x 1.53 based emulators. Basically, you're either stuck with VC injections or emulators with inaccurate audio emulation. :unsure:

PS Vita would be better for Snes, PS1, etc.

Reactions: SonyUSA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...