Hardware is the component cable worth it?

n45800

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does using 3rd party cables make a difference to the officials? for some reason i just don't trust them.

Yes, they are different to an original cable. They're cheaper! That's about it though. The audio/video cable game is a scam, they're all basically the same.
On digital cables your right, but Component is Analog. Their is a minor difference between different quality cables, but usually not big enough to pay 200-300$ for higher-end cables.

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
yeh, the picture is so much clearer and sharper, however you might not notice it on tv's smaller then 32". so stick with the basic ones that came with it unless you have a 32" or higher, i have a 32 flat lcd tv and yeh, get the componet cables, great stuff
smile.gif

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
eBay has Psyclone Component cables used for 10 bucks and they are better than Monsters. I have their 360 and XBOX1 Component cables and they are awesome. They are good for any size TV. I use em on my 27 inch tube TV and the picture is great. Buy the Psyclone Component Cables. http://www.psyclonegamer.com

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally wouldn't buy a $50 cable just for slightly better graphics on a console that isn't meant to create sexy graphics like the 360 that stands next to it. I did buy some cheap component cables from DealExtreme though (might've been another one, those cables all look the same), and I don't regret buying those. The graphics are slightly sharper and my TV now automatically switches to the wii channel when turning the wii on (for some reason mine didn't with the default cables.
But it's not that much of a change to pay $50 for in my opinion...
unsure.gif

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they'll be comparable. but get the cables; you gotta eke everything graphical you can out of that suck-ass system.

if you can display 480p, you'll get a good graphical upgrade as well.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was at Target and got S-Video ones for 3 dollars made a HUUUUGE difference. I've always been a firm believer in upgrading cables. I remember my PS2...I ran out of S-Video and Component inputs and went to composite...the machine was barley readable. Mainly on text but still there is a huge difference...like I said I think mainly in text based stuff.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's a nice piece of info to know too on these component cables.

I held out a good 6+ months before getting them. My TV supports the cables, but it is NOT progressive scan, it's a 480i 27" Sony WEGA from 2002 with a 3D digital comb and optional widescreen. My brother has a HD set and he got the cables, said it did a HUGE difference on there, but I wasn't sure.

I eventually broke down and gave it a try and here's what I noticed changed just for example and i'll stick to NOT games since that Gamespot ROLLOVER says that well.

Using the AP news thread after I went smaller in size slightly beyond default it began to get twinkly and blurred on the old cable. When I got the new cable I could go down another couple sizes, and it wasn't still getting twinkly and blurred, it just was that my set wasn't progressive scan, widescreen, or large enough for me to read it fine...but stayed clear.

The same can be said for using the web browser where I saw even a nicer level of ability to drop it down in size and still be able to read, but in part that would depend on the sites choice of font as well, but even still images, web games, or whatever got a LOT sharper. The browser runs at 800x600 I found on a weird pop up that's non-descript at nintendo's page that covers wii...and with the new cable feels much more crisp with the cable.

To me it was worth the money, and I'm told on a widescreen HD set it even look 2-3x nicer than that just due to the upper resolutions those sets run at. ...and yes I think you worried about the black bars on the left/right they do vanish.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember... Wii in fact does NOT output any native physical 16:9 display resolution! 640x480 is 480p at 4:3 with square pixels, 704x480 and 720x480 are non-square semi-widescreen, while true 16:9 480p would be 853.33333333333333333333333333296x480 (rounded up to 854x480).

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
their is a massive difference between composite/svideo and component (and even rgb).

The difference will be noticable on every tv from 14" upwards - never mind 32".

I can't beleive there are people using composite cables still - it's not 1992 anymore...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like subway it's false advertising
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok "who ordered the Vienna sausage?"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Uremum +1