MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Paying for games is for sqaures. Save your money to buy (or steal
tongue.gif
) A fully sick car or somthing... Somthing worthwhile.
You win girls with cars, not games.
smile.gif

My veiw on it, is that I dont really know what justifiable means, so bare with me here, that burning games and selling them to make big profit is wrong, but then again, who cares? If the shops have a problem with it, they can lower their prices to make some competition
smile.gif

I allways think of it not as stealing, because its not like im walking into big W and walking out with a game case, no. Its not physical, so I dont believe it should have a price. Like downloading tunes!!! If the artists dont like it, dont make the music... see if I care. they should sing for the fun of it, gosh! Everyone wants somthing for nothing. Its only a few sound vibrations running though the air.. If they belive we should have to go into sanity and pay $40 some music on a disk, they have another thing coming!!! Im never going to pay to hear cirtain sound vibrations again, thanks to limewire. like "pirating" pay TV! Its allready running through everywere thanks to the satelights, its allmost a crime not to take advantage of that. Im not saying I get free pay TV (I probly would If I knew how), but.. hold on... half my words dissapeard... Theres no edit undo!!!!!! Arg...

Anyway, half of this probly doesnt make any sence, or have any relevence to anything, but thats what I think.

Oh yeah, and unclechuckle makes some awesome points, that guys a genious. listen to that guy.

EDIT:
I have one more question! How come the PS2 was about $700+ when it first came out, now they can make those new and improved PS2's and sell them for less than 250??? You cant tell me sony doesnt gain a crapload of cash when people bought them when they first came out.
Is it because the prices for components decresed? Thats stupid... stupid components...

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
I get fed up of that faceless corp stuff. Sometimes it might be true.

If we speak of rom piracy everyone in the uk has a dam ds but you ask them if they have seen or know what a ds-x or r4 is they will shrug. Its pretty dormant in the UK. So I dont feel bad about that at all.

As for other kinds of piracy I justify it by saying i'm a tight git and would never pay for it anyway.

All these big movie corps bitching when its just a bit of pocket money being lost.

I am always satisfied that piracy always leads to loss if I did not have a ds m3 I would sell my ds because I simply cant afford the games always. I would read a book instead.

I mean testing the games is very important I mean who do they want us to do go out on a whim and buy it read badly made reviews? NO thanks!

IF and thats IF piracy was stopped complety in some magic way. It would be hilarious to see how many people pick up a book or watch tv and the RIAA and MPAA start to scratch their heads.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have one more question! How come the PS2 was about $700+ when it first came out, now they can make those new and improved PS2's and sell them for less than 250??? You cant tell me sony doesnt gain a crapload of cash when people bought them when they first came out.
Is it because the prices for components decresed? Thats stupid... stupid components...

Sony (and MS) loose money on every console sold to a point, for MS last gen it was said to be 40m consoles each with 10 games of which 6 were first party. They make money on games and accessories. After awhile the components become cheaper and better quality. MS (for the original Xbox) did a contract for the components straight up and couldn't take advantage of falling costs and improved technology, they were forced to drop their prices by Nintendo and Sony.

If Nintendo and MS were to drop their prices now Sony would have to as well to stand a chance. Price drops usually happen in groups.

With Sony today, their development loses for the PS3 aren't that high as they developed most of the technology for other applications. Production costs are high at the moment, but will fall to a point where they either loose very little or make a profit on each unit. Not to mention all the other costs involved such as marketing.

If people weren't going to pay for it in the first place then piracy isn't loosing them any money from a lose of sale.
Think of this from the companies point of view, independant publishers and devs have a hard enough time making money as it is.
And the larger companies invest money into anti-piracy units.

We could see one of the best games ever appear, pirate it and sales aren't that good so we don't see anymore games from either the series or the developers. Which is a lose to us all. Poor sales might even be enough to cost somepeople their jobs.

Unlike the movie industry most games only get one shot at making money.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i think it's funny that there are a number of people on a gba/ds rom release website that are against piracy.
So what? Do you think there is justification for using meth or going to prostitutes when you are married? Hell no.
But I still do it, coz its possible. I dont think these anti-dmca hippies can't produce as good music as Daft Punk for example
FOR FREE. FOR FREE make good games... just a hippie dream which is not possible in real world. But real life is bitch and
there is no justification for piracy.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most of us are living under the banner of Klepto-Corporatist states and are subject to confiscatory taxes amounting to 50% or more of earned incomes and then there is the "silent tax" of inflation whereby the banks/treasury departments/executive branches conspire to enrich themselves through floodgate issuance of fiat currency which devalues cash in pocket, allows unchecked exponential growth of more needless government bureacracies which then puts us in de facto legal as well as economic servitude. Meanwhile the destruction of the middle class is evidenced by mergers, layoffs, credit frenzies enabled by the Central Banks, offshoring, illegal immigration and elitist corruption of every stripe. Healthcare costs (for Mericans), fuel prices, food costs (currently showing price inflation of 6.7%), energy/heat, infrastructure materials and services are all becoming more expensive at a pace unseen in decades. The average chap is getting squeezed from every direction and somebody has the gaul to say that it's immoral to try to recoup some costs of living (deliberately increased, mind you) through saving on their entertainment dollars. I don't pirate, I can afford my vices, but if I did, this is how I would justify it. Life is tough, I don't honestly care if some software Dev or movie Key Grip has to smoke pole for rent money. That's the type of world it is and if you are posting to this thread from the comfort of your parent's basement then check back in ten years after clawing and fighting for your share of the proverbial warm sidewalk and then tell me some business about morality.

/rant

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Most of us are living under the banner of Klepto-Corporatist states and are subject to confiscatory taxes amounting to 50% or more of earned incomes and then there is the "silent tax" of inflation whereby the banks/treasury departments/executive branches conspire to enrich themselves through floodgate issuance of fiat currency which devalues cash in pocket, allows unchecked exponential growth of more needless government bureacracies which then puts us in de facto legal as well as economic servitude. Meanwhile the destruction of the middle class is evidenced by mergers, layoffs, credit frenzies enabled by the Central Banks, offshoring, illegal immigration and elitist corruption of every stripe. Healthcare costs (for Mericans), fuel prices, food costs (currently showing price inflation of 6.7%), energy/heat, infrastructure materials and services are all becoming more expensive at a pace unseen in decades. The average chap is getting squeezed from every direction and somebody has the gaul to say that it's immoral to try to recoup some costs of living (deliberately increased, mind you) through saving on their entertainment dollars. I don't pirate, I can afford my vices, but if I did, this is how I would justify it. Life is tough, I don't honestly care if some software Dev or movie Key Grip has to smoke pole for rent money. That's the type of world it is and if you are posting to this thread from the comfort of your parent's basement then check back in ten years after clawing and fighting for your share of the proverbial warm sidewalk and then tell me some business about morality.

/rant
i totally agree with you still, HOW MUCH ENTERTAIMENT YOU NEED? god damn .. you can save some money and buy one game. you dont need to play all the time or watch all the dvds and shit. i mean if you are poor you go with stick and stones, but i agree with you man... but this is how this shitty world works...

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i totally agree with you still, HOW MUCH ENTERTAIMENT YOU NEED? god damn ..

Good question Bro. Not to get philosophical, but I think once the basic needs of survival are met (food, shelter, bling-bling), then all existence becomes about wasting time. Church, gaming, clubs, t.v., recreation, hobbies, social outings, relationships, inciting the homeless to fight, most everything except for work and school (which both indirectly point back to survival) and tending to the bare necessities are to divert our attention.

"Against boredom, even the gods struggle in vain" - Nietzsche

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IF and thats IF piracy was stopped complety in some magic way. It would be hilarious to see how many people pick up a book or watch tv and the RIAA and MPAA start to scratch their heads.
Very true.
bow.gif

I can see the headlines now. "Digital media eradicated, but CD and movie ticket sales still stagnant. RIAA and MPAA join forces to sue McGraw-Hill for loss of profits and consumer confusion."

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I can see the headlines now. "Digital media eradicated, but CD and movie ticket sales still stagnant. RIAA and MPAA join forces to sue McGraw-Hill for loss of profits and consumer confusion."
How about trying to sue movie/games producers for making crap so bad that people wouldn't even look at it if it weren't free? Because trying to pursue anyone in that case costs more money than the movie would have made if it weren't available for download.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay pirates but I will buy games if it is so worth for me. Therefore, if it is too expensive then I will pirate it because expensive is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.