Tall Alien

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wats any of that? i can create games with the program called "game maker", so does this count? (if anyone else used it)

Askepios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tall Alien said:
wats any of that? i can create games with the program called "game maker", so does this count? (if anyone else used it)

...You're joking, right?

If you don't know the obvious common sense basics to this stuff, you're obviously in no position to develop much of anything. Try again when you've actually tried learning on the subject.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will not and well.

He doesn't even know what JAVA, C, C++ are so I don't think he should try until he's tried some basic programming on the computer.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Tall Alien said:
I use this to create little games of my own...PAlib and other "complex languages" are nothing like it. I have little experience in PAlib, but I know the basics.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, i know how to make game maker games
I know OF Java, C, C+ and C++ but do not know anything about them but "They're Coding Languages"
i'll tell you from someone who tried using PAlib with all the above in mind. Stick to Game Maker. Oh and have you played Pac-Maze by Nintenguy? Nintenguy was my old username on other forums btw. So it should be called Pac-Maze by 8BitWalugi. Anyways, stick to GMK, search Pac-Maze on YoYo Games, and dont go near PAlib without knowing Java, C, C+ or C++. C-Yas! (pun intended)

BigBob85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbob85.insaneparadox.com
XP
Country
PAlib is a powerful lib... I just wanted to say that first... And yes, it is a wrapper lib.. You could take any PAlib game, and replace all stuff with other code that it calls, and you could de-palib a project..

TOO many n00bs come along going, wow, this langauge looks easy, trys to make a game, then complains that it dosnt work when they dont even know C/C++.

If you dont know C/C++ or java, dont even attempt PAlib.. Or else I'll probly abuse you in the forums for double/triple posting
sleep.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
skyman747 said:
And does game maker count? It does when this face stops getting creepy
smileipb2.png
Actually it counts more than you think, I doubt you have ever used it, I can use other programming libraries to code a game but I always prefer to do it with Game maker because it was desinged for game development, don't throw me in the shit of creating games with drag and drop, this is totally bullshit, I am using GML a coding language Game maker uses, next time don't post just for the heck of it.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PAlib has an o.k. learning curve, and the wiki is pretty comprehensive (as for what it covers), so one will get a hang of the basics quickly (this of course, assuming relative intelligence and alacrity
rolleyes.gif
). From then on it's all about what you want to make, and how creative you are. There are things which will work just fine in PAlib, whether you jury-rig them or not, and other things for which one will simply have to involve another 'lib.
This of course from my own experience with PAlib. If anything, it's a fun learning project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm half way at my savings for a new move