Hacking Is my wii modchipped?

luizmineo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, sorry for my REALLY bad english. (you are free to correct my sentences if you want)

I succesfully installed WiiGator 0.3 Gamma following this guide http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html on my (supposed) not modchipped wii. I burned NFS Undercover and Wii Music, and both worked fine through Backup Launcher Channel.
But, when I insert one of these discs, the Disc Channel recognizes it and show the "Wii System update" picture. I didn't tried to run these backups through Disc Channel because the risk of an update, and I didn't tried to run any backup before.
It's normal? Disc Channel can read a System Update in a backup disc? Or it means I get a wii with a modchip by mistake? (The vendor said me that it doesn't have a modchip)

luizmineo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kedest said:
Install preloader so you can skip updates. Then insert the disc again and see if it will show in the disc channel

I installed Starfall to skip updates, and now when I insert the disc, Disc Channel shows the picture of the game, but it doesn't load the game (black screen). I think it means my Wii doesn't have a modchip.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
luizmineo said:
kedest said:
Install preloader so you can skip updates. Then insert the disc again and see if it will show in the disc channel

I installed Starfall to skip updates, and now when I insert the disc, Disc Channel shows the picture of the game, but it doesn't load the game (black screen). I think it means my Wii doesn't have a modchip.

No you don't have a chip

luizmineo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
computerboy said:
luizmineo said:
kedest said:

No you don't have a chip

Thanks kedest and computerboy for the answers.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamma has the option of allowing games to load through the disk channel, it will show the picture and everything, So to someone who doesnt know it would look to be chipped, but it isn't, It's because you have Gamma installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...