ars25

I like tacos and pie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i was just wondering if if my r4 is wood compatable

the lable says r4 revolution for ds ndsl/nds because my nephew just got a ds and my dad and i wanted to give him the r4 loaded with mario games how much can a 2 gig hold with saves included

ps i have bad spelling

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ars25 said:
ok i was just wondering if if my r4 is wood compatable

the lable says r4 revolution for ds ndsl/nds because my nephew just got a ds and my dad and i wanted to give him the r4 loaded with mario gamesDoes it say anything about i, SDHC, III, Upgrade, Ultra, etc etc? If NO, then Wood should work.
It should ONLY say:
R4
Revolution for DS
(NDSL/NDS)

QUOTE(ars25 @ Dec 3 2010, 12:27 AM) how much can a 2 gig hold with saves included
Average game I would say is ~80MB when trimmed (a higher number just to be safe).
2GB = ~2048 MB / 80 = 25 games. But remember, some games are considerably bigger, up to 256MB (some games are 512MB, but that is rare).
Trimming is super simple with a tool like NDSTokyoTrim (you can turn the background images off if you don't like or think scantily clad women are appropriate, or add your own images).

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
average MARIO game? Not 80MB trimmed lol. Like 15 to 20MB trimmed. you should be able to hold every "Mario" game on the cart no problem. and its still possible your R4 is fake, but it sounds legit and should be able to run wood. However, pretty much every mario game has been fixed for YSMenu, so no problems there either.

Game sizes range from like 8MB to 512MB (Though i think the largest (E) and (U) Game is 256MB), So really the ammount of games you could hold ranges greatly depending on the games chosen. However if ur sticking to Mario games, i think you'll be fine.

PS: in the time it took for you to post this and wait for a reply, couldnt you have just slapped wood on there and found out? lol
wub.gif

ars25

I like tacos and pie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
average MARIO game? Not 80MB trimmed lol. Like 15 to 20MB trimmed. you should be able to hold every "Mario" game on the cart no problem. and its still possible your R4 is fake, but it sounds legit and should be able to run wood. However, pretty much every mario game has been fixed for YSMenu, so no problems there either.

Game sizes range from like 8MB to 512MB (Though i think the largest (E) and (U) Game is 256MB), So really the ammount of games you could hold ranges greatly depending on the games chosen. However if ur sticking to Mario games, i think you'll be fine.

PS: in the time it took for you to post this and wait for a reply, couldnt you have just slapped wood on there and found out? lol
wub.gif
lol i can't my dad messed up my ds so it won't turn on
angry.gif
i have to go to school and ask my friend to let me borrow his
glare.gif
and by agreement i have to let him borrow my dstt

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ars25 said:
angry.gif
glare.gif
oooh. With Retro's updates the DSTT is really up there with the best of 'em now.
unsure.gif

with all the fixes it has, it deserves frontpage as much as Wood does.
moogle.gif
i dunno how old your bro is but i wouldnt trust children with my flash cart. lol. They would lose the MicroSD in an hour lol.
glare.gif

ars25

I like tacos and pie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
ars25 said:
angry.gif
glare.gif
oooh. With Retro's updates the DSTT is really up there with the best of 'em now.
unsure.gif

with all the fixes it has, it deserves frontpage as much as Wood does.
moogle.gif
i dunno how old your bro is but i wouldnt trust children with my flash cart. lol. They would lose the MicroSD in an hour lol.
glare.gif
the solution to everything tape
wink2.gif
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2