Is my new 3DS bricked?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dosseum, Oct 24, 2016.

1. dosseum
    OP

dosseum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    France
    Hi ! I didn't play on my new 3ds since few days, i wanted to play, but when i try to start the console, the blue led flash one second and stop.
    It's the same when i want to charge my new 3ds, the led is orange for 1-2 sec and then nothing...

I don't know what happened, my new 3ds is not so old, it was running in A9HL + Luma3DS and the last thing i did with it, it's to play mario kart 7 while streaming on my computer through NTR Video

Thanks for reading, and i hope you will maybe help me :/

2. KomasterXX

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Is the micro sd still inside the New 3ds? If it is, try removing and re-inserting the micro sd card.

3. dosseum
    OP

dosseum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    France
    I tried to boot without, with, to remove & put it back, to change of micro sd, nothing changes, my new 3ds always react the same
    I will try to make a video

4. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    Are the right files on your micro sd card? And check if your micro sd is corrupt.

5. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Well, the charge light turns on for a second then off, would indicate it has a full battery.

a9lh will react like that if there's not the right files on the microSD card/no microSD card. So we'll have to make sure it's not the files and not the microSD card before we can try and troubleshoot anything else. I would suggest getting another microsd card, and redownloading the necessary files, and plop them on the new microsd card. If you've already done that, we can try and troubleshoot what else it could be.

6. dosseum
    OP

dosseum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    France
    Everything is alright, i didn't change anything

But it do the orange thing even if there's no battery inside

Hmmmm, but the screen not even be "on", i think, for a9hl it should be on (on a black screen but on), no?

I will try other things so :/

Thing i remembered ! When i playd on MK7 & NTR Video, in a moment i just pressed "A" and my 3DS shutted down while i was playing

Last edited by dosseum, Oct 24, 2016
  7. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Everything may not be alright with the SD card, even if you didn't change anything. SD cards fail, and what you described is exactly what would happen if your SD card failed. Please check your SD card on a computer to see if it's still kicking.

I had the exact same problem you described happen to me a few days ago - my SD failed. I put a new one into my 3ds with the required files and my issue was resolved.

osaka35 likes this.
  8. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    It could be a hardware problem :'( but hopefully not. Always try the easiest solutions first. After re-downloading the appropriate files and putting them on your different microsd card, could you take a screenshot of the root of your different microSD card so we can verify all the files are in the right place?

This. ^---

Dosseum, since you were actively reading/writing to your microsd card by recording video/audio, there's a chance it's this. It'd be the cheapest solution, so let's hope it's that.

Last edited by osaka35, Oct 24, 2016
  9. dosseum
    OP

dosseum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    France
    i'm trying a third sd card :/

I hope it's not hardware :/ ! Hmmm i use my sd card to install like 120gb of wiiu game with the new exploit, it can be that?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wtf, i don't know what happened, i was recording a video to show you, so i show the different sd card i used, and without/with battery etc..
    I did the record again (because we saw my face on the first), and it boots, but with red led to say my battery is empty, and now my new 3ds can charge again.
    I'm charging it and i will wait

10. dosseum
    OP

dosseum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    France
    Well, i don't know is my battery is dead, but when i unplug the charger, the 3DS flash orange led and shut down, but i can put on the 3DS and without the charger plug, it works well, but if i plug and unplug, hop shut down

And now it's the same than before, i mean, it doesn't boot.

Did someone know how to find KTR-003 battery in Europe? I only find for USA :/

Last edited by dosseum, Oct 24, 2016
  11. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    Amazon is your friend:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...ew+3ds+battery&sprefix=new+3ds+batter,aps,180

12. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Try putting on the latest version of luma.That supposedly happens when you don't have the arm9loaderhax.bin and have luma set to autoboot.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Oct 25, 2016
  13. dosseum
    OP

dosseum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    France
    No battery for N3DS :/

Thanks for the help.

Now i think i find the problem, because now i can play & charge my 3DS normally. I think it's a problem with the "connector" between the battery & the motherboard, because when i put the battery in the N3DS, nothing work, it doesn't boot, the charge doesn't work, etc..., but if i put the battery like in this position / (in diagonal) and make it touch the three connectors, the 3DS boot and everything is alright.
    So the things i did is to put some paper below the battery to make it have the position like / and not straight like _ so for the moment it works, but it's not perfect :/

And i don't know why there's this kind of problem, because the connector seem alright, and the battery seems alright too.

I hope it will help for people who have the same problem

14. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    I thought they are the same:
    https://www.amazon.fr/Batterie-rech...&sr=8-1&keywords=new+nintendo+3ds+xl+batterie

About your problem, you can remove the back cover and see if the connectors aren't de-soldered.
    It happens frequently with the one from the charger to the console so, it might the same with the pins for the battery.