Is it safe?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jellevs, Nov 25, 2016.

1. jellevs
    OP

jellevs Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2012
    Netherlands
    I want to install games on my wii u with the USB method. But I don't have a USB that I can use.

Installing to internal memory is an option. But is it safe? I know that normally you should never install to nand. But since it is a legit version of the game.

To;dr: is it safe to install USB method games to nand?

2. wiiu more like pee u

wiiu more like pee u GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I've installed like 4 games to nand and they all work perfectly. If there is something wrong with the files you will probably just get an error and not brick, like how I did. Online works and everything is good.

3. Somebody Whoisbored

Somebody Whoisbored it's all okeydokey

May 12, 2016
    United States
    hypeland
    I haven't heard of anything going wrong with using WUPInstaller but no guarantees. It's most likely safe.

4. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Reading the topic title, for a moment, I thought you were an ex-nazi dentist getting ready to torture us. :mellow: (a cookie if you can identify where that comes from). Jokes aside, yes, it should be safe, otherwise, WUPinstaller wouldn't let you do it.

5. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    There is one report of a brick installing an update on nand with wupinstaller:

www.wiiubru.com/rip/