OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So I have a New 3DS XL.
One day(recently), on my bed:
I took out the SD card from my 3ds to put some CIAs in it. And so, when I was waiting for them to copy, I wake up with something jammed in the SD card slot. It's the thing you get with your smartphone to open that little shelf where you put your Sim and SD cards... It was really hard to take it out. It was hanging a little metal thingy... I somehow managed to take it out with the help of my dad (yeah I'm 12 my profile is lying) but when I tried to turn on my 3ds... The blue light just stays on for aprox. A quarter of a second. Today I want to a guy from a gsm service and he tested the battery. It works perfectly. But he said that there may be a short-circuit at the motherboard. Is there a way to repair it A N D for it to work E X A C T L Y like before? Thanks!
Also more info:
System Version is 11.7
It has Luma CFW With NTRBoot
Its version is EUR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Turns off instantly, no fade out

That means the system itself its perfectly fine, and the firms are correctly b9s'd and in a sane condition. It just can't find an SD, so it cannot boot into a payload (Luma, or anything else). The SD slot is broken, though.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That means the system itself its perfectly fine, and the firms are correctly b9s'd and in a sane condition. It just can't find an SD, so it cannot boot into a payload (Luma, or anything else). The SD slot is broken, though.
That's exactly the opposite. If it was fine, it would fade out. If it turns of instantly, there is a short somewhere (or it detects that the sd reader is damaged)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That's exactly the opposite. If it was fine, it would fade out. If it turns of instantly, there is a short somewhere (or it detects that the sd reader is damaged)
I had a problem once, the 3ds couldn't start because of a bad payload, and it pp faded out. But now it turns off instantly. I knew it was a short! Or that the SD reader is broken!
Also I tried to turn it on once while the thing was still in there, and it's metallic so I think that caused the short. (In Romania we just say short when we already know we're talking about a short-circuit)

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I had a problem once, the 3ds couldn't start because of a bad payload, and it pp faded out. But now it turns off instantly. I knew it was a short! Or that the SD reader is broken!
Also I tried to turn it on once while the thing was still in there, and it's metallic so I think that caused the short. (In Romania we just say short when we already know we're talking about a short-circuit)
Just to make sure. When you turn it on without the sd reader, it fades out (or boots) right?

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just to make sure. When you turn it on without the sd reader, it fades out (or boots) right?
Remember: I'm a 12 yr old. I'm afraid not to break anything more. I don't even have the required screwdriver...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But I think about going to that GSM service again, it's next to my block. I'll ask the guy there to take out the SD reader then to open it and I'll see. If it works, well good. I'll buy the replacement reader.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Remember: I'm a 12 yr old. I'm afraid not to break anything more. I don't even have the required screwdriver...

But I think about going to that GSM service again, it's next to my block. I'll ask the guy there to take out the SD reader then to open it and I'll see. If it works, well good. I'll buy the replacement reader.
You need to open it first, then you can remove the SD reader. If it is going to boot (because there is luma on your NAND) or the LED will fade out, you'll know that it works.

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a question: Can another SD reader be put instead of the one made specifically for the New 3DS XL? The one from a laptop or a tabket or something? I think shipping to Romania is expensive...

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I have a question: Can another SD reader be put instead of the one made specifically for the New 3DS XL? The one from a laptop or a tabket or something? I think shipping to Romania is expensive...
Technically yes. Practically no.
Ebay/aliexpress might have free shipping.

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm closing this thread, me and my dad have decided that I should get a new one. Because nobody in my town knows how to repair it. And you can find me on a new thread on Homebrew apps. Cause I don't wanna lose the games and save files from my old 3ds.

God can someone close this thread? Please?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm closing this thread, me and my dad have decided that I should get a new one. Because nobody in my town knows how to repair it. And you can find me on a new thread on Homebrew apps. Cause I don't wanna lose the games and save files from my old 3ds.

God can someone close this thread? Please?
You unscrew 8 screws and plug 1 connector. That's how easy it is to repair.
And 3DS even has normal screws, not tri-wings (IIRC)
look till 1:40: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Why so angry?
Not having a screwdriver does not mean "nobody knows how to fix it".
You're telling me, that your whole family does not have a "tiny" screwdriver?
We have two BIG screwdrivers. And we use them for nearly every screw in our house.

And a set of 50 screwdriver heads. And the smallest one is half a mm mm bigger than it should be.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
We have two BIG screwdrivers. And we use them for nearly every screw in our house.

And a set of 50 screwdriver heads. And the smallest one is half a mm mm bigger than it should be.
It is still definitely cheaper and worth it to buy a tiny max $2 screwdriver and the sd reader (together like $10) and try repairing it yourself. If you are going to buy a new console otherwise, you have nothing to lose.
Seriously, this is all you need.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I don't have it you fucking monster