Homebrew Is it possible to use Citra to use ACNL save editor if your 3ds isnt running cfm?

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for the noob question, just asking cause id really like to edit my town if possible.
If ya got a userland homebrew entrypoint for your system, You can look at running the 3dsx version of JKSM's save manager, extract the save and use http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ to edit the town as you want. Just import the save afterwards with JKSM again to have the save working. Just dont load up ACNL while your doing this or the game will throw the anti-savegame at you and will need to hexedit the secure value.

Reactions: UltraArceus3

UltraArceus3

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If ya got a userland homebrew entrypoint for your system, You can look at running the 3dsx version of JKSM's save manager, extract the save and use http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ to edit the town as you want. Just import the save afterwards with JKSM again to have the save working. Just dont load up ACNL while your doing this or the game will throw the anti-savegame at you and will need to hexedit the secure value.
The Anti-Savegame Restore Patches can be bypassed by Importing & Exporting the Save Data from JKSM, as JKSM bypasses the patch.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Anti-Savegame Restore Patches can be bypassed by Importing & Exporting the Save Data from JKSM, as JKSM bypasses the patch.
Hmmm. I find that even with JKSM, I will get the save game cannot be used if I load ACNL while making changes. I just tend to extract what I need, edit it, and import it without loading it or the game will start yelling at me.

UltraArceus3

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. I find that even with JKSM, I will get the save game cannot be used if I load ACNL while making changes. I just tend to extract what I need, edit it, and import it without loading it or the game will start yelling at me.
I don't know if it's the CIA-version of JKSM only (Because of Kernel-Access), but I'm pretty sure JKSM bypasses the patches, as you can see in one of my recent posts...

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if it's the CIA-version of JKSM only (Because of Kernel-Access), but I'm pretty sure JKSM bypasses the patches, as you can see in one of my recent posts...
Hmmmm. Thats odd. I do have ACNL on both my N3dsXL systems, both with full CFW, still the game likes to yell at me if I do that. I do use the cia of JK as its convenient for using multiple titles without reset.

Reactions: UltraArceus3

UltraArceus3

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm. Thats odd. I do have ACNL on both my N3dsXL systems, both with full CFW, still the game likes to yell at me if I do that. I do use the cia of JK as its convenient for using multiple titles without reset.
It may be that AC:NL's version of the patch is different? (Hey, you don't know what's up Nintendo's sleeves...)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what you have to do. You never load the game while making changes. I think ACNL is the ony game that has that issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?