Hacking Is it possible to run CIAs for developer consoles on retail consoles?

ariss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a CIA that normally is supposed to run with developer hardware.
I have emunand installed on my 3ds and when I try to install the cia, I get an error:
"DESCRIPTION_INVALID_NCCH (0x25)"
Is it even possible to do this?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the latest luma version and turn on "UNITINFO"
It should install now

Should be noted - if you turn that on, you can't install retail CIAs (it'll give you an error, much like the one you got trying to install a Dev CIA onto a non-dev unit) and any installed Dev CIAs won't work properly until you turn UNITINFO back on again (but then retail CIAs won't launch).

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's like a switch for dev mode, then.

Basically, yeah. It's a pity you can't have retail functionality under Dev mode like you can with other consoles (like CEX to DEX CFW PS3s. Retail functionality, paired with Developer features like RTMing (real time modding) etc) though.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be noted - if you turn that on, you can't install retail CIAs (it'll give you an error, much like the one you got trying to install a Dev CIA onto a non-dev unit) and any installed Dev CIAs won't work properly until you turn UNITINFO back on again (but then retail CIAs won't launch).
What? I've installed every .cia from the sdk (just downloaded from nintendo, not modified in anyway) using UNITINFO and they launch fine without it...

Reactions: iAqua

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? I've installed every .cia from the sdk (just downloaded from nintendo, not modified in anyway) using UNITINFO and they launch fine without it...

The last time I tried to do that, FBI gave me an installer error. It could have changed, I dunno (I gave up trying to install them and went with community made CIAs instead (like JKSM etc)).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.