Hacking ROM Hack Is it possible to modify .sze files?

Phantamanta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to modding and was wondering if there was any way to modify .sze files. I've been able to edit .szs files easily with existing tools, but they don't work with .sze files.

Thanks for any help

Edit: This is more of a general question as I'd like to try modding multiple games, but the game that inspired the question was Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. After trying multiple modding tools, the one I've been using the most is Switch Toolbox - however it can't work with .sze files. I'm guessing I would need to way to extract an sze into an szs, modify the szs, then convert it back to sze.

Last edited by Phantamanta,

Handburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, updated the op with more info

Looks like it might just be a variation on Nintendo's first party compressed archive. If there aren't tools for it, you'll probably have to reverse engineer it and make your own tool for it. I'd say try snooping around other Nintendo title modding communities and see if they have anything that resembles .sze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.