Is it possible to emulate these three

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by JinTrigger, Feb 26, 2011.

Feb 26, 2011
  1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    I have MAME ++ and I have pretty much every game I loved playing in the arcade, but is there a way (even if not through MAME) to emulate the arcade version of the games listed

-Capcom VS SNK 2
    -Soul Caliber 2
    -Marvel VS Capcom 2
    -Project Justice

Any help would be apperciated

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Aren't those just Dreamcast games? Try a DC emulator like nullDC.
    EDIT: And a PS2 emulator for SC2.

3. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    NullDC does require a dreamcast bios image if I remember correctly, so does PCSX2, we can't host those or tell you where to find them, but we have faith in you, JinTrigger XD.
    PS2 emulation requires a fairly powerful dual-core computer (Quad Cores are just going operate as dual cores as far as the programming of the emulator is concerned; something like
    a Q6600 2.4 Ghz Quad Core would operate at around mmm maybe 1.8-2.0 Ghz Dual Core). By powerful; the recommended requirements are 3.2Ghz, but obviously this varies tremendously
    depending on such things as whether you play at the PS2's native resolution, try to use anti-aliasing; that sort of thing.

That said, I don't think fighting games would stress the processor all that much, so you may be in luck. As always check the PCSX2 compatibility lists.

4. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    So there is no way to emulate the arcade versions of these games....If possible I want the arcade versions 1)because I just do and 2)Im pretty sure my netbook/desktop can't run nulldc well enought for said games (maybe MVC2...think I tried that awhile ago)

5. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'll tell you the same thing I tell every person when this comes up: next time use MAWS

6. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    How was that suppose to help?