Is it possible to downgrade my X-Box?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by Splych, Feb 27, 2009.

Feb 27, 2009
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Right now, here are my XBox's stats right now...

Version: 1.4
    Kernel Version: 5713
    Dashboard Version: 5960

I just want to know how to downgrade to dashboard version 4920... I blame me trying out the free XBox Live that came with my XBox since I was going to try it out... But gave up on it later... Anyone know how to downgrade?

I don't want to sell my X-Box then buy another one, and if there is no way, then I might as well give up on soft modding my X-Box.

2. velocity37

Member velocity37 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You must be reading some really old softmodding guides.

Dash 5960 is the final version of the original xbox dashboard, and has been for quite some time. For most softmods, you'll -have- to have dash 5960 for them to work properly.

As I said in the other thread, search for Krayzie's Ndure Installer or Softmod Installer Deluxe 5.01.

3. Chinman

Member Chinman GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yeah this guy is right, if you are trying to softmod, there is no reason for you to downgrade 5960 is the one you need, also get the auto installer deluxe disc, 4.40 is the latest, and install after the softmod.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Edit, must hit reply quicker.

As far as I am aware every version of the xbox dashboard (as well as hardware and kernel) can be softmodded with the current set of hacks, there were some problems with earlier hacks but softmod installer deluxe (SID) should be fine.

5. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    There are soft modding guides with the DashBoard 5960 [​IMG]

Who knew... Since everytime I searched "How to Softmod your XBOX" it would lead me to a bunch of guides that are only compatible with DashBoard 4920.

Looks like I am going to go do some searching on Softmod Installer Deluxe then~!

Thanks for the help guys ^^

Gonna book mark this thread [​IMG]

EDIT: Any guides on this xDD

I am very busy today... Probably wanting to do as much as possible tomorrow. Since I am going to a mall, which has an EBGames. I want to know as much as possible...

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I could type a guide but it is rapidly approaching 1am (films to watch) and more importantly I and several others have done just this in this very section.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128042
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=96354
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92919
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92067

Do a forum section search (at the bottom of the forum) for softmod and that will yield decent threads.
    If you have specific questions then those can be answered.

I will say consider either a hotswap of the drive or if that is not an option do not get too hung up on finding an action replay, you can often use USB sticks (although it is a bit fussy) or you can use a memory card and hook it up via the controller and a USB adapter (get the breakaway section of the controller and a USB extension cable, open both up and solder/join like coloured wires ignoring the remaining wire in the breakaway section).

Or find someone else with a modded xbox who can help you out, I would happily lend you my kit but you appear to be stateside and I am not there right now.

7. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Awesome ^^

I will read the guides later since I have a job to do in my house...