Is it possible to cheat Ultimate Angler?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by RemixDeluxe, Jan 23, 2016.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    This game is gonna need something a little more complex than a save editor since its embedded into Streetpass Mii Plaza. I would like some way to edit the rods in the game since its very time consuming to find ones with specific skills.

Any ideas?

2. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Would NTR work on this? I'm curious to know if anyone had any success.

3. logg

logg GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    iirc, the save data is stored in NAND, and apparently it's considered "too risky to bother with". Also, it seems Gateway's cheat menu doesn't load for the Mii Plaza games. I don't think this helps you very much, but just FYI.

edit: Honestly, I think the rods are not that important to manipulate for this game. It's more about having lots of Miis. So either figure out a way to get lots of streetpasses (homepass, spillpass) or use play coins (playcoin setter).

Last edited by logg, Jan 24, 2016
    RemixDeluxe likes this.
  4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Believe me it's very time consuming to find rods with specific skills. It's not about the rod itself, it could be some garbage basic rod but I'm after the skills attached to them and the +6, +8, or +11 is extremely rare to find.

That's using playcoin setter and home pass, I wouldn't have made this topic if I didn't try those two methods already. But thank you.

logg likes this.