Hacking Is it always safe (firmware update-wise) to transfer Vita games from PS3 to Vita

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've downloaded on the PS3 one of the free Vita games for the Plus members, and while I knew my firmware wasn't enough for that game (I'm on 3.15 and the game required 3.36), I wanted to try and see.
But when I tried to transfer the game, I received this message: "If there are later versions of some applications, their update files will be downloaded."
For all I knew, this could have meant "We'll update your firmware in order to let you play this game", so I stopped everything and came here to ask.
What does the message mean? And is it always safe to transfer Vita games?

P.S. The message also said "The source content items that are saved on the PS3system will be deleted". Does this mean I cannot have the game file on both the PS3 and the Vita at the same time?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
It's referring to the update for the game, not the update for the console. Your console will not automatically update its firmware. If you have a game which requires new firmware, it will prompt you to update your console. It won't do it automatically.

You can copy your game back to your PS3 after copying it once to your Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-