Hacking Is gateway supporting new games?

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well we've been trying some new releases and it doesn't seem to work.

we can't use .cia formats and some new games that released now are not working, terraria and mario & sonic olympics.

do I have to update it or something?

and one last question. Can I make the hack permanent so I don't have to use the internet to hack it?

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about following this tutorial, this will solve everything https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
I do not believe that this will solve the poster's problems at all, it will more than likely just cause him to brick his system.

As for solving the problem make sure that you are using the latest version of gateway, and then update emunand (make sure you do this correctly, you don't want to end up updating your system).
Some newer games rely on encryption keys that were introduced in newer system updates. This will cause them to not work on older firmwares. Also some roms have been "cryptofixed" this means they were re-encrypted to work on older firmwares, however this can causes issues, so that might be part of the issue.

Reactions: Essometer and cearp

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How about following this tutorial, this will solve everything https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

well... I am sooo confused right now,on youtube I had only to go to go.gateway-3ds.com and then play the games, now going to this tutorial, its not explaining what should I do and for what reason, it says just names arm9loaderhax menuhax RedNAND EmuNAND, then it says different versions of 3ds, it says to downgrade it to 9.2.0 in the second part of the tutorial, I uave 8.1.0, and I am not sure if I must update it to 9.2.0.

Is there a beginners guide so can understand all those things and then go to this tutorial?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do not believe that this will solve the poster's problems at all, it will more than likely just cause him to brick his system.

As for solving the problem make sure that you are using the latest version of gateway, and then update emunand (make sure you do this correctly, you don't want to end up updating your system).
Some newer games rely on encryption keys that were introduced in newer system updates. This will cause them to not work on older firmwares. Also some roms have been "cryptofixed" this means they were re-encrypted to work on older firmwares, however this can causes issues, so that might be part of the issue.

well I have the latest version of gateway, but I don't know what emunand is and how I can update it. I have heard about that cryptofix and I read that its something about the eshop that some games need. So I need to cryptofix the new games to play them? and how can I play games with .cia format?

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... I am sooo confused right now,on youtube I had only to go to go.gateway-3ds.com and then play the games, now going to this tutorial, its not explaining what should I do and for what reason, it says just names arm9loaderhax menuhax RedNAND EmuNAND, then it says different versions of 3ds, it says to downgrade it to 9.2.0 in the second part of the tutorial, I uave 8.1.0, and I am not sure if I must update it to 9.2.0.

Is there a beginners guide so can understand all those things and then go to this tutorial?

well I have the latest version of gateway, but I don't know what emunand is and how I can update it. I have heard about that cryptofix and I read that its something about the eshop that some games need. So I need to cryptofix the new games to play them? and how can I play games with .cia format?

When you set everything up did you set up emunand? You do it by booting up gateway with out the cartridge in (or hold select) then select format emunand from the menu.
This will delete everything on your sdcard so make sure you back it up before hand. You'll be able to copy it back on there when it's done

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

In layman's terms, that link I gave you is holy grail of 3ds hacking. If you can follow directions carefully and know what you are doing, you are set for life.

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all, which Fimrwares are you on and what version is the gateway loader?
By Firmwares, I mean your sysNAND and your emuNAND.
how can I see those?

my 3ds firmware is 8.1.0

and I have downloaded 3.7.1 version of the gateway, but I don't know how to see the versions of that sysNAND and emuNAND

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

sysNAND is just what people call the internal firmware on the 3DS.
Gateway supports all games but some titles may require a newer firmware, obviously you can't update your 3DS' firmware, emuNAND is a way around that.

Hold L when entering Gateway mode, and select "format emuNAND", this will delete all the contents on your 3DS' internal SD so make sure to back it up first.

From then on when you boot Gateway mode it will boot into emuNAND which is a copy of your NAND stored on the SD, and which you can update freely without losing your hacks. When you update always make sure you update from system settings or you may update your sysNAND by accident, also make sure the version in system settings says "GW3D" in front of it, signifying that you are in emuNAND (or you can check by opening the multiROM menu which should say SYS/EMU depending on which NAND you are in.)
Exiting system settings or opening data management and exiting that will kick you back to sysNAND so once you've verified that you are in emuNAND avoid doing those things and go directly to system update.

There are certain CIA games (newer releases) that won't work because they have not been properly cryptofixed so the console can't decrypt them, to get around that either use a .3DS version of the game, use a cryptofixed version, or go to the eshop page for the game (only works if it's of the same region as your 3DS) which causes it to download the encryption key and the game should work after that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sysNAND is just what people call the internal firmware on the 3DS.
Gateway supports all games but some titles may require a newer firmware, obviously you can't update your 3DS' firmware, emuNAND is a way around that.

Hold L when entering Gateway mode, and select "format emuNAND", this will delete all the contents on your 3DS' internal SD so make sure to back it up first.

From then on when you boot Gateway mode it will boot into emuNAND which is a copy of your NAND stored on the SD, and which you can update freely without losing your hacks. When you update always make sure you update from system settings or you may update your sysNAND by accident, also make sure the version in system settings says "GW3D" in front of it, signifying that you are in emuNAND (or you can check by opening the multiROM menu which should say SYS/EMU depending on which NAND you are in.)
Exiting system settings or opening data management and exiting that will kick you back to sysNAND so once you've verified that you are in emuNAND avoid doing those things and go directly to system update.

There are certain CIA games (newer releases) that won't work because they have not been properly cryptofixed so the console can't decrypt them, to get around that either use a .3DS version of the game, use a cryptofixed version, or go to the eshop page for the game (only works if it's of the same region as your 3DS) which causes it to download the encryption key and the game should work after that.

Ok so.. I format emunand, then you said I can update it, how? I mean, I have the latest from the gateway site, when I go to gateway mode it updates automatically or it just takes it from my internal sd card? and you said "When you update always make sure you update from system settings" but if I update from system settings it will update my sysnand.

What I did was.

1)format emynand
2)go gateway mode
3)play a new 3ds game with .3ds format

and its still stuck to the 3ds loading screen.

There are many things that I don't know about 3ds hacking describing with steps will greatly help,
and of course thanks to all for your patience

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
On a 3DS there is a chip called NAND. It sits inside the 3DS and contains all the data to boot the 3ds, displaz the menu and so on. You can compare it
to the harddrive of your computer which contains your operating system.
As you said, this operating system of your 3DS is on 8.1 and you should stay there.
Now that gateway does when you do the "format the emuNAND" option is, that it take the NAND form your 3DS, reads it and place a copy of it onto your
SD card. That copy of your original NAND is now used instead of your read NAND.
This is thats called a emuNAND. The big advantage of the emuNAND is that Systemchecks that prevents piracy are disabled. You can also upgrade your emuNAND to the latest firmware. But make sure that you are really in emuNAND mode. If you go to the system settings and see something like GW 8.1 as your firmware number, that means you are in emuNAND mode. (Attention: If you leave the settings in emuNAND mode you will boot your real NAND, so be carefull when updating.

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
On a 3DS there is a chip called NAND. It sits inside the 3DS and contains all the data to boot the 3ds, displaz the menu and so on. You can compare it
to the harddrive of your computer which contains your operating system.
As you said, this operating system of your 3DS is on 8.1 and you should stay there.
Now that gateway does when you do the "format the emuNAND" option is, that it take the NAND form your 3DS, reads it and place a copy of it onto your
SD card. That copy of your original NAND is now used instead of your read NAND.
This is thats called a emuNAND. The big advantage of the emuNAND is that Systemchecks that prevents piracy are disabled. You can also upgrade your emuNAND to the latest firmware. But make sure that you are really in emuNAND mode. If you go to the system settings and see something like GW 8.1 as your firmware number, that means you are in emuNAND mode. (Attention: If you leave the settings in emuNAND mode you will boot your real NAND, so be carefull when updating.

oh, ok then, I am going to test it out and try to update it, I will reply the results

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
its.....WORKING! thanks to all! the games are working fine, now I will look on how to make .cia files work. Thank you very much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.