Hacking Is Gateway compatible with 2DS?

Maximoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guns! I found a 2DS with 9.2 firmware. I'd like to know if I can use Gateway with it. Is it 100% compatible. And is a way to use Gateway with a 11.0 2DS? Thanks in advance!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
the 2DS is an old3DS, essentially. It uses the o3DS firmware.

Also, I wouldn't recommend you use the Gateway. I'd recommend you to follow Plailect's guide. If you use Gateway, you'll either be on 9.2 + emuNAND, or using A9LH (or GW-A9LH) on 11.0 + gateway. I'd recommend you to stay away from GW-A9LH, as it's definitely dangerous (iirc, no firm protection, and shitty DRM). If you follow Plailect's guide to A9LH, I believe you can chainload Gatewait from Luma, while keeping your freedom.

Maximoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for replying guys !

the 2DS is an old3DS, essentially. It uses the o3DS firmware.

Also, I wouldn't recommend you use the Gateway. I'd recommend you to follow Plailect's guide. If you use Gateway, you'll either be on 9.2 + emuNAND, or using A9LH (or GW-A9LH) on 11.0 + gateway. I'd recommend you to stay away from GW-A9LH, as it's definitely dangerous (iirc, no firm protection, and shitty DRM). If you follow Plailect's guide to A9LH, I believe you can chainload Gatewait from Luma, while keeping your freedom.
So I can use this Guide using a 11.0 2DS?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for replying guys !

So I can use this Guide using a 11.0 2DS?
no. You can only use 11.0 AFTER following the guide (or if you have an EmuNAND anyway)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Maximoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh man, now I don't know what to do! I have two used 2DS available to buy. One is on 9.2 FW and the other is on 11.0. Both with the same price but the One with 11.0 comes with there Pokemon games that I could sell....

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, now I don't know what to do! I have two used 2DS available to buy. One is on 9.2 FW and the other is on 11.0. Both with the same price but the One with 11.0 comes with there Pokemon games that I could sell....
If you want, after setting up the 9.2 2DS you can pirate the games. Not really a good idea though.

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course 9.2 2ds is better. But there is nothing wrong to choose that 11.0 2ds, specially if you don't like pirate much.

Maximoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks Guns! I think I'll buy the 9.2...
One Last thing, I had a New 3DS with Gateway and I saves my save games. Is there any chance to use it using the hacker aforementioned (Plailect's guide) ?

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Guns! I think I'll buy the 9.2...
One Last thing, I had a New 3DS with Gateway and I saves my save games. Is there any chance to use it using the hacker aforementioned (Plailect's guide) ?
yes, it can run gateway so you can follow plailect's guide to setup a a9lh-hacked new3ds.
Plus he can still pirate if he wanted to anyways on 11.0 2ds with a sky3ds+/plus.
I don't think sky3ds+ is a good choice, because it is very expensive and hard to play online.

Last edited by tranxuanthang,

Maximoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, it can run gateway so you can follow plailect's guide to setup a a9lh-hacked new3ds.

Thanks but I think I wasn't clear. I don't have the N3DS anymore . I only have the save games and I was wondering if there is a way to convert the Gateway saves to One compatible with CFW on 2DS I'm planning to buy and hack...

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but I think I wasn't clear. I don't have the N3DS anymore . I only have the save games and I was wondering if there is a way to convert the Gateway saves to One compatible with CFW on 2DS I'm planning to buy and hack...
Ah I see. What tool did you use to backup those save files?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately, no One. I've Just made a backup Of the sd files...

There is a way to convert the saves to be used with cia files but it requires a usable gateway red card. There is a tutorial on it in the tutorial section. (I'd link it but I'm on mobile)

Maximoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a way to convert the saves to be used with cia files but it requires a usable gateway red card. There is a tutorial on it in the tutorial section. (I'd link it but I'm on mobile)

Wow, there is hope ! I intend to install a CFW and then I'll follow the guide you mentioned. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi