Hacking Is cfw easy to get rid of

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to go back to of firmware

It's extremely easy.

That link is extremely outdated. It doesn't even include the second N3DS script that tries to replace the secret sector with a known good copy instead of refusing to run if it's bad. I include all 3 scripts in my InScripted AIO (iso site, CFW Discussion section). You can find the "Uninstall Scripts" in either the "Standalone Scripts" section or included with the "Shove & Shift" swap card layout (because, naturally, it's great for testing an NTRBootHax swap card layout). I also uploaded them to the GM9 thread at some point because d0k3 said he was having trouble finding his originals. Found it, you can grab them here if you like.

My next project may compile them as SSRs since someone here told me that just mentioning running scripts was scaring the noobs off (kind of funny since the guide uses two uncompiled scripts, and my installer uses compiled SSRs). But they may have a point. So, my next project will probably be a "compile them all and throw them on CBM9 menus" thing. It might not even include regular GM9, since the SSRs will have all the functions the average user needs covered (almost seems like reinventing HG9, but, if that's what people want).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's extremely easy.

That link is extremely outdated. It doesn't even include the second N3DS script that tries to replace the secret sector with a known good copy instead of refusing to run if it's bad. I include all 3 scripts in my InScripted AIO (iso site, CFW Discussion section). You can find the "Uninstall Scripts" in either the "Standalone Scripts" section or included with the "Shove & Shift" swap card layout (because, naturally, it's great for testing an NTRBootHax swap card layout). I also uploaded them to the GM9 thread at some point because d0k3 said he was having trouble finding his originals. Found it, you can grab them here if you like.
Okay, so blame @Plailect for having an outdated script. The guide is usually up to date, apologies.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so blame @Plailect for having an outdated script. The guide is usually up to date, apologies.

I'm not blaming anyone, nor was there any need to apologize. These things happen. I understand, having my own AIO to maintain. Sometimes I won't see an update until after I've uploaded a revision (though usually it's not a big deal, since I include an updater).

Well, it's not like the originals are terrible. They just needed a few minor fixes. The originals only mentioned removing Sighax (they remove A9LH as well, of course, so, I changed the wording to "exploit" for clarification). They left a copy of the extracted NATIVE_FIRM on the card (so I added a line to delete it at the end). The copy command didn't use "-w" either. So, if you ran it a second time, say, while testing an NTRBootHax swap card, you got prompted to overwrite the existing copy. And like I said, there was not a second N3DS script that will try to copy an SHA verified secret_sector.bin off the card if it needs fixing (like what Safe B9S Installer does needlessly, with B9S not needing a valid secret sector). So, I fixed these issues, submitted them on the thread, and proceeded to add them to my own project.

Besides, it could be pretty easy to miss. Especially if you're ignoring me, as Plailect appears to be doing. I don't know if d0k3 ever replaced them in their original location. I just know I sent him the proposed updates in the thread, and used them in my AIO (so, ignoring me could make the entire revision invisible). I think Plailect got offended when I suggested that one of his early A9LH guides used more words than it needed to or something (I wasn't trying to be mean).

Frankly, though, that's not even the most important update that site needs to make, IMHO. To catch up to the innovations in my "One & Done" installer alone, he needs to replace Safe B9S Installer with a script, merge that script with the other two, and compile this new AIO script into an SSR. The guide could remove many steps (just like I have) by using an installer SSR. Plailect is more than welcome to use mine, as long as he doesn't mind giving me credit. Though he's probably going to want to make some changes to keep things simple, and remove extra features the average user doesn't need, like the option to install GM9 instead of B9S. But I include the source scripts. He could just edit the first one, remove the "filesel" line, replace the variable it uses with the path to B9S, and compile GM9 with it. I would even be willing to do it for him if he asked me to. I'm not interested in petty rivalrys (no money, no point). I just want to help the scene by making things easier.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: