Hardware is a screen getting hit bad

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
some guy decided to hit the screen really hard he screen flashed white for a split second but went back to normal.
there is no apparent warping and stuff.
is the screen ok?
EDIT:reworded

Solution
I would not do it too much but sounds like it is fine in this case. Flashing white during it is most likely from losing signal.

If it cracks you will usually see a "spiderweb" pattern around the point of impact (or a corner usually if it is dropped) and lots of different colours -- if you have not seen a cracked screen before you must know a lot of people that are careful with their phones but plenty of pictures on your local image searching website of choice. Without looking inside I can't rule out internal damage to a component, connector (you would tend to see a stripe of not working pixels for this one), board or something but if it made it this far with no ill effect you are probably OK.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would not do it too much but sounds like it is fine in this case. Flashing white during it is most likely from losing signal.

If it cracks you will usually see a "spiderweb" pattern around the point of impact (or a corner usually if it is dropped) and lots of different colours -- if you have not seen a cracked screen before you must know a lot of people that are careful with their phones but plenty of pictures on your local image searching website of choice. Without looking inside I can't rule out internal damage to a component, connector (you would tend to see a stripe of not working pixels for this one), board or something but if it made it this far with no ill effect you are probably OK.

Solution

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if that was my friend I'd tell him to never come to my house again. I'd then ask him to pay for damages cause seeing white means it pressed against the leds and well you just acquired a much shorter lifespan on that device for it

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a guy I used to know used to slam his Switch Lite against his knee and also throw it across the room almost every day. Surprisingly, the screen was never damaged, and he even punched it really hard several times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    did it happen?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into...