Is A Home Menu Gift Rewrapper possible?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Xenon Hacks, May 31, 2016.

1. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Is it possible to make an application that does this or a simple method that im unaware of?

2. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Is there any specific reason behind why anyone would want to achieve that?

3. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    You could make an emuNAND, after you have opened in one time and kept it linked, go back to sysNAND and then back again to emuNAND. And that should make them all wrapped again.

4. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    If someone wants it, then why ask? I mean he's asking if it's possible, and also it could be funny or ussefull. F.e. if I wanna give a A9LH as a gift, it would be perfect to all the games be wrapped.

5. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it must be a flag somewhere in the homemenu, or some other system title, save data.
    so it's possible.
    but who cares enough to find it ;)

6. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    This is the exact reason

Kinqdra, cearp and Bedel like this.
  7. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    Then the restriction of losing the save data for said titles vanishes, and the job is easier. The quality of the picture of the problem one gets usually relates directly with the quality of the answer.

Said so, booting any nand without signature patches and non signed titles installed, and then going to the title management menu in system preferences makes any unsigned title dissapear from the menu. Booting said nand with signature patches afterwards makes every unsigned title reappear as a gift.

You could also rewrap them programatically, but that would need a custom cia. Suit yourself.

8. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    The CIA's have been installed on a A9LH unit I simply want to check if they run then rewrap them, losing save data is irrelevant to me.

9. WBW

WBW Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    I once deleted all extdata which might have done the trick for me once. I'm not sure. Try deleting the system menu extdata if you can identify it?

10. Bedel

Oct 28, 2015
    How much time for something that could be done in minutes by homebrew? I don't think this is what OP wants. Also, making a emunand format the SD, so... Much time for this.

11. Xenon Hacks
    OP

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    If it's the only way I wouldn't mind at all
    I'll try this in a bit once MH4U is done installing.

12. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    Who said emunand? You need control over signatures for the way I described. It doesn't matter in which nand. Luma won't do for this I think.

Entering system preferences/Title management should take you a couple of minutes.

Said homebrew doesn't exist yet so you could make it if you want. I won't stop you. I would be easier with proper permissions in a cia, but ok.

13. Bedel

Oct 28, 2015
    Correction: even a cia would still be homebrew lmao. And also this won't need such permissions xD
    Also I don't know if there even exist a CFW in A9LH that does not have signatures detection. Eather way, I'm not gonna argue more this with you. It's not going anywhere.

14. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    If you stopped 2 minutes to actually read and check what is written, you would realize that:
    a) Cia is also a homebrew, but specifing which permissions do you need instead of scalating them from a 3dsx homebrew is much easier and removes the system version restriction. Permissions to erase extData from said homebrew could come in handy.
    b) Luma3DS always boots with signatures disabled and if I'm not mistaken you don't get to enable them back. For the path I am describing you need to enable the signatures back for a bit. You will need CakesFW or whatever supports A9LH and signature enabling.

Finally, yes. We are indeed derailing the thread. So I would also stop right here. Thanks for the insight.

15. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yeah you could give it to them and they have to go through system set up, with all the games on once they test the 3d, enter their name and birthday etc.
    if that solution is ok, you can delete a savefile in nand, using ctrxplorer or godmode9, one of them can load from a9lh i think.

i forget what system save to delete though...
    but any are ok to delete.

16. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    Uh, it's incredibly easy to re-wrap every game on the 3DS.

Delete "0000008f" in extdata of the Nintendo 3DS folder.

17. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Even easier since some 9.x update: boot while holding L+R+Down+B, this also resets icon position and the tutorial spam notifications!

cearp likes this.