Question Is a 1.0 switch even relevant anymore?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by konamicode89, Aug 31, 2018.

1. konamicode89
    OP

konamicode89 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2018
    United States
    I have a 1.0 switch still in the box that I've been wanting to take out and make use of.

I read months back that some of the data in the system (nand, keys, idk) could be useful to devs and since I'm going to create a backup and and do a self-ban through the mac address in my router to keep it safe I'd like to get some answers about the value of still having a switch at this firmware.

any feedback would be appreciated

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    I own one too. Just as a collector piece. It will be the rarest type...
    Also, 1.0.0 should be the first one to get coldboot, if it will be ever released.
    And lowest firmware has the most exploits and so blah blah blah.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Aug 31, 2018
    konamicode89 likes this.
  3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    1.0.0 has Jamais vu, a warmboot exploit...
    It's here, someone just has to implement it
    And you should update without burning fuses and then downgrade back to 1.0.0 when Jamais releases, I did and it's great not having a paperweight

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

SciresM said he may implement it if no one else does once Atmosphere is done, but it is surprising that no one's attempted it

konamicode89 likes this.
  4. charlieb

charlieb GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    1.0.0 is the only one that requires no jig.

use pegaswitch to launch boot in to rcm. and then use rajnx to boot to his 1.0.0 option. launch choidejournx and install 5.x and install autorcm.

then boot into rcm ( no jig) and boot 5.x with no fuse burnt to play latest games (ensure nogc option used every time to protect gc reader) . all for free if using phone, or something else u already own to send rcm payload.

sorry on phone if this is a little brief

Last edited by charlieb, Aug 31, 2018
    Nickbo and konamicode89 like this.