Iron Man 3

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was going to see it tonight. Then one of my friend in work said there's gonna be people in there. I played it safe and sound by staying under of huge rock and gonna wait when it's on bluray.

It's been now about 10 years since last time I watched a movie in cinema...

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's due out here soon... or might already be, can't remember which. Now if only I can afford to watch it in the cinema.

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does Europe get to see Iron Man first? Why?
:angry:

....taken from Chronicles of Engert.

Srszly guyz, you should watch this movie if it's playing in your country and give me spoilers here. I love spoilers.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It was out the 25th here, I watched it past Sunday. I gotta say that is has the cool Iron Man elements, but some people might not like the story.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I saw it. Mega Blockbuster but left me unimpresed and uninterested. Not because it's a bad movie, because it most certainly isnt, but because it is a dumbed down action comedy. It is an iron man Movie for the Transformers generation - a good one, but still. And it has some incredibly stupid plot holes. The middle twist was cool, even though i personally felt it was a riddiculously dumb idea to NOT pick up on that. They just tell you this and that and then tehy move on without any implications. SO much wasted potential.

The best thing in the movies was James Badge Dale as Savin. The way he portrays his character is fantastic.

All in all a nice film but i barely remember anything of it. And the plance scene is just cringeworthy...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This movie was mad decent. Not great, not bad, just pretty fun.

I think the real shame is that it has a great, clever twist that completely plays with the audience's expectations. I just wish the rest of the movie was at that same level.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw it last night and thought it was eh.

Most of the movie was decent, the action was cool as always, and Iron Man was his normal Iron Man self. But I felt it suffered from the same thing all the other Iron Man movies (and The Avengers too) that there was way too much comedy almost to the point were it actually ruined some of the scenes. As well the ending felt kinda rushed to me, like it could have had like 5 to 10 more minutes to flesh it out more.

Honestly I am not a huge Iron Man fan and watching all 3 Iron Man of the movies (plus The Avengers) I still have the same option on him, he's an ok Superhero, but at least he's not Caption America.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got back from this movie, I have to be honest, I was not impressed at all. These are the things that I remembered that bugged me: (spoilers alert)

- There were too many Iron Man suits. It made it seem like it was this cool big epic battle, but it really wasn't.
- The plot made me and my friend think of Resident Evil 6. These supernatural people that stem from a plant, and then regrowth. Yeah it's an action hero movie, but come on. The first two Iron Man movies had humans, not some supernatural shit.
- With all the Iron Man suits, it made it possible for Tony to be able to get out of one and go to another, and it was a cool idea, but they totally blew it here, and it just seemed stupid.
- One flaw me and my friend couldn't pick up, the bad guy was up in the plane and opened the helmet to kidnap the president. But then later at the shipping yard, the president comes in the iron man suit. The movie didn't show that THAT suit could fly by itself or that the enemies hacked it. It seemed out of place.
- There was too much plot and not enough action. I actually found myself yawning quite a bit because there was nothing happening. Yeah Tony had his funny things going on, but still.

And this one bugged me the most:
The villain. The movie hypes up this villain, the one who will kill tony stark or something, and then when Tony catches him, it's just some bum drug addict who's an actor who reminded me of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers (especially with the ladies in the bed and the bathroom scene).

The movie was just subpar to me. Definitely not that great of an Iron Man movie, let alone a superhero movie.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked it, though I'm not a massive comic follower. Though these were my gripes

Honestly, the thing I hated most was the ending. It was as if they were writing it to possibly give Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark an out if he decided not to be involved in Avengers 2. Just felt odd, especially considering the upbeat credits that followed right afterward and the whole "Tony Stark will return!"

Also disliked that he pretty much went through Armor like they were changes of suits. Was really hoping the Gemini armor or the other space armor would have been a post credit lead up to Guardians of the Galaxy or something. Way too many awesome suits got chopped up like tissue paper by fodder enemies, and it felt like they kind of ruined the awesomeness of the suits. In Avenger's he's taking on hundreds of aliens in a dog fight like its nothing, and in this we have Mark 42 that can't even break out of a locked barn and gets obliterated by a speeding truck.

I thought the Mandarin twist was hilarious. Considering how hyped up they made this for China, I couldnt imagine them using the Mandarin as a villain, the guy was practically a walking stereotype.

It just kind of felt like they pulled a bait and switch. The trailers made it seem like it was going to be dark and depressing, Tony battling his PTSD, along with having an enemy hunting him down and terrorizing the U.S. Instead we just have Tony making buddies with a 10 year old and wise cracking 24/7.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I liked it, though I'm not a massive comic follower. Though these were my gripes

Honestly, the thing I hated most was the ending. It was as if they were writing it to possibly give Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark an out if he decided not to be involved in Avengers 2. Just felt odd, especially considering the upbeat credits that followed right afterward and the whole "Tony Stark will return!"

Also disliked that he pretty much went through Armor like they were changes of suits. Was really hoping the Gemini armor or the other space armor would have been a post credit lead up to Guardians of the Galaxy or something. Way too many awesome suits got chopped up like tissue paper by fodder enemies, and it felt like they kind of ruined the awesomeness of the suits. In Avenger's he's taking on hundreds of aliens in a dog fight like its nothing, and in this we have Mark 42 that can't even break out of a locked barn and gets obliterated by a speeding truck.

I thought the Mandarin twist was hilarious. Considering how hyped up they made this for China, I couldnt imagine them using the Mandarin as a villain, the guy was practically a walking stereotype.

It just kind of felt like they pulled a bait and switch. The trailers made it seem like it was going to be dark and depressing, Tony battling his PTSD, along with having an enemy hunting him down and terrorizing the U.S. Instead we just have Tony making buddies with a 10 year old and wise cracking 24/7.

That PTSD thing is dumb. He's been through a ton of fights, and he gets it now? Just seems weird and dumb.

I get they were sort of following the comics, but come on, let's be honest, some comic issues just aren't good, and even if they are, doesn't mean they can be done in film. This movie and Dark Knight Rises is proof of that.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got back from this movie, I have to be honest, I was not impressed at all. These are the things that I remembered that bugged me: (spoilers alert)

- There were too many Iron Man suits. It made it seem like it was this cool big epic battle, but it really wasn't.
- The plot made me and my friend think of Resident Evil 6. These supernatural people that stem from a plant, and then regrowth. Yeah it's an action hero movie, but come on. The first two Iron Man movies had humans, not some supernatural shit.
- With all the Iron Man suits, it made it possible for Tony to be able to get out of one and go to another, and it was a cool idea, but they totally blew it here, and it just seemed stupid.
- One flaw me and my friend couldn't pick up, the bad guy was up in the plane and opened the helmet to kidnap the president. But then later at the shipping yard, the president comes in the iron man suit. The movie didn't show that THAT suit could fly by itself or that the enemies hacked it. It seemed out of place.
- There was too much plot and not enough action. I actually found myself yawning quite a bit because there was nothing happening. Yeah Tony had his funny things going on, but still.

The villain. The movie hypes up this villain, the one who will kill tony stark or something, and then when Tony catches him, it's just some bum drug addict who's an actor who reminded me of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers (especially with the ladies in the bed and the bathroom scene).

The movie was just subpar to me. Definitely not that great of an Iron Man movie, let alone a superhero movie.
Stark has a shit ton of suits. That's not something they made up for the film, the circular chamber they flew out of looks like the same one from the animated series.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- There were too many Iron Man suits. It made it seem like it was this cool big epic battle, but it really wasn't. If it seems cool, big, and epic, why wasn't it? Could you explain this?
- The plot made me and my friend think of Resident Evil 6. These supernatural people that stem from a plant, and then regrowth. Yeah it's an action hero movie, but come on. The first two Iron Man movies had humans, not some supernatural shit. lolwat. Extremis is nanotechnology. They state this explicitly. How is that in any way supernatural?
- With all the Iron Man suits, it made it possible for Tony to be able to get out of one and go to another, and it was a cool idea, but they totally blew it here, and it just seemed stupid. Because...?
- One flaw me and my friend couldn't pick up, the bad guy was up in the plane and opened the helmet to kidnap the president. But then later at the shipping yard, the president comes in the iron man suit. The movie didn't show that THAT suit could fly by itself or that the enemies hacked it. It seemed out of place. They were getting Rhodes out of the suit so they could hack into it and use if for themselves. They also state this explicitly.
- There was too much plot and not enough action. I actually found myself yawning quite a bit because there was nothing happening. Yeah Tony had his funny things going on, but still. mfw I have no face to express my utter confusion at this point.

The movie's far from perfect, certainly, but it seems like you're making up problems more than anything else.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- There were too many Iron Man suits. It made it seem like it was this cool big epic battle, but it really wasn't. If it seems cool, big, and epic, why wasn't it? Could you explain this?
- The plot made me and my friend think of Resident Evil 6. These supernatural people that stem from a plant, and then regrowth. Yeah it's an action hero movie, but come on. The first two Iron Man movies had humans, not some supernatural shit. lolwat. Extremis is nanotechnology. They state this explicitly. How is that in any way supernatural?
- With all the Iron Man suits, it made it possible for Tony to be able to get out of one and go to another, and it was a cool idea, but they totally blew it here, and it just seemed stupid. Because...?
- One flaw me and my friend couldn't pick up, the bad guy was up in the plane and opened the helmet to kidnap the president. But then later at the shipping yard, the president comes in the iron man suit. The movie didn't show that THAT suit could fly by itself or that the enemies hacked it. It seemed out of place. They were getting Rhodes out of the suit so they could hack into it and use if for themselves. They also state this explicitly.
- There was too much plot and not enough action. I actually found myself yawning quite a bit because there was nothing happening. Yeah Tony had his funny things going on, but still. mfw I have no face to express my utter confusion at this point.

The movie's far from perfect, certainly, but it seems like you're making up problems more than anything else.

Nope, those were my biggest gripes about the movie. I loved the other Iron Man movies. They were done exceptionally well. Perfect amount of story and action. This one dragged on and on and on. Yeah I know it's based on a comic and such, but some comics just don't convert well to the big screen and remain as good as they do in the comic (ie The Dark Knight Rises).

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, those were my biggest gripes about the movie. I loved the other Iron Man movies. They were done exceptionally well. Perfect amount of story and action. This one dragged on and on and on. Yeah I know it's based on a comic and such, but some comics just don't convert well to the big screen and remain as good as they do in the comic (ie The Dark Knight Rises).

You do realize that Iron Man 2 only has 22 minutes of action in an 125 minute film, right? I enjoyed the film (though it's by far the weakest of the series), but holding it up as a perfect example of pacing is... wildly inaccurate, to say the least.

Also, TDKR, based on a comic story? The only thing that TDKR pulls from the comics plot-wise is Bane breaking Batman - everything else (including the circumstances surrounding it) was wholly invented for the film. Hell, even Bane is completely, utterly different. Whatever problems the film may have had, they didn't come from adaptation strain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup