iQue Lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ChaosTheorySD, Mar 31, 2010.

Mar 31, 2010

iQue Lite? by ChaosTheorySD at 5:57 AM (1,105 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I found a pretty good deal on an iQue Lite, but I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me before I commit to buying it.. From what I can understand, that's just a Chinese DS. Is there any difference between a regular US one? Assuming that that's the case, my Acekard 2i would work just fine correct? Will I be able to change the menu language to English?

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    It can play iQue games. [​IMG] There's like 5 of them but it can play all NDS games. I'm guessing its only in Chinese.

3. Creqaw

Member Creqaw GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I also have one and did some googling about iQue and what I found was that iQue is owned by Nintendo because for some reason they couldn't use the name "Nintendo" in China.

4. Gman 101

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It runs everything like a normal Nintendo DS. I've tested my CycloDS on my girlfriend's iQue and it runs everything fine. As far as I remember, it has larger memory due to the higher capacity required for the Chinese dictionary. Ultimately, the only advantage to the iQue DS is having the red metallic one with dragons laser etched onto it. It looks sweeeeeet.

EDIT: And I'm not too sure if you could set it to English. She wouldn't let me change it to English... but it doesn't really matter anyway, just learn a bit of basic Chinese ;D

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You can change it to English. The only differences from other DSs are the inclusion of the Chinese language, and extra hardware to handle the extra language.
    But iQue does have some really nice limited edition designs.

Something to note is this video. At 0:48, he turns on the DS. On the Health and Safety screen, the top screen says iQue, and the bottom screen is in English. Then the DS immediately loads up an M3 Real.

6. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Excellent. Thanks for your answers. One last question though. Are the internals all the same? I'm looking to order one of those gold triforce shells from DealExtreme to replace the stock one and just want to make sure it would fit.

7. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    I'm pretty sure the internals are different, although I'm pretty sure a Nintendo DS case would fit on an iQue DS.