ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No thanks, Twilight Warrior.
I've decided to get one on my birthday, that is on the 22nd, but I'll get it on the 15th since I'm celebrating mine, and my brother's birthday on that day since it is Eid. His is on the 19th, but it's a good time to celebrate.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
ugh, the iPod Touch above 4.3.3 is almost to slow to use! On iOS 4.3 I was able to host a full time HTTP server as well as many other services via the device and still be able to use it with apps and little to no slowdown. A few weeks ago I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6.1.2, and it is fairly laggy when opening folders, mobile safari crashes frequently, so I turned JS and fraud detection off, that fixed most of the crashing around the NS UIWebView's. And I can no longer use it as a server. At least apple allows you to download older versions of applications now! and I have SHSH blobs for every OS 4-6. Still good for less demanding stuff; some games and applications.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an iPod touch 4th generation, it is a sleek device without a case on it. The back is shiny, which is just going to cause scratches. It is an okay device it has 256 mb of ram. So if you have a different device you'll notice the speed difference. I say the only reason you would get it is to play music on it, and then again you can buy a cheap music player device for that. I would recommend not buying this.

If you want to buy an iPod then I would suggest getting the 5th generation, as that is much better than the 4th. There are two versions of the 5th gen. The cheaper and expensive one, the cheaper one has no back camera and a few other features to make it cheap. While the full priced one has all the hardware. Also you asked about siri, to be honest you won't ever use it. As I have an iPad and an iPhone, and I never use Siri. iPod touch 5th generation has Siri in it, if you do want it.

So my two cents, if you want to buy an iPod buy the 5th generation, the expensive one. If you want something to just play music, you can just get an iPod nano or even a shuffle. But then again you probably have a phone for that.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing to do with the iPod?

Reactions: Xexyz

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an iPod touch 4th generation, it is a sleek device without a case on it. The back is shiny, which is just going to cause scratches. It is an okay device it has 256 mb of ram. So if you have a different device you'll notice the speed difference. I say the only reason you would get it is to play music on it, and then again you can buy a cheap music player device for that. I would recommend not buying this.

If you want to buy an iPod then I would suggest getting the 5th generation, as that is much better than the 4th. There are two versions of the 5th gen. The cheaper and expensive one, the cheaper one has no back camera and a few other features to make it cheap. While the full priced one has all the hardware. Also you asked about siri, to be honest you won't ever use it. As I have an iPad and an iPhone, and I never use Siri. iPod touch 5th generation has Siri in it, if you do want it.

So my two cents, if you want to buy an iPod buy the 5th generation, the expensive one. If you want something to just play music, you can just get an iPod nano or even a shuffle. But then again you probably have a phone for that.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing to do with the iPod?

With the iPod, i'll just use it for leisure time, to play those games, and pretty much make use of the purpose of the iPod.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the iPod, i'll just use it for leisure time, to play those games, and pretty much make use of the purpose of the iPod.

If you want to play games, then I would suggest getting the newer and greater iPod Touch 5th Generation. As it has twice the ram, and a better processor. The 4th genereation cannot play the good game at all. The only game that I had on it was Temple Run 1, Temple Run 2 was pretty laggy on it. However, if you use it to browse social media services, then the 4th generation would be good.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead, I got an iPad Mini. Which I'm picking up from my brother-in-law's house tomorrow.

Eh, I would have waited for the next iPad mini that would inevitably be released, most likely will have a retina display then. Personally, I find it quite annoying to carry around my own tablet, and it's not even as big as the iPad Mini, would much rather carry all of my shit in my pocket or something.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don'k know if it's been mentioned yet, but the ipod 5 32GB has a back camera that does 1080 HD video too besides still shots, and it does panoramic still shots. There is about 6 different colors to choose from, the 16GB comes in black only.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, I would have waited for the next iPad mini that would inevitably be released, most likely will have a retina display then. Personally, I find it quite annoying to carry around my own tablet, and it's not even as big as the iPad Mini, would much rather carry all of my shit in my pocket or something.

True, a new iPad was set to release on the 31st, but oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: