iPod Touch 3G! (Not IPhone 3G)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by TwinBlades, Apr 22, 2009.

Apr 22, 2009
  1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    I was wondering if an IPod Touch 3G would come out? I'm getting an IPod Touch for my B-day (Late June) but I have those feelings where I might regret buying it due to a newer version coming out. Does anyone have any news? (Even rumors) of the 3G Touch coming out? I heard thats it's coming out late June but not sure if thats true as well as September as they aways have new stuff coming out then :S. Side note, did Apple or some other company announce that the IPod Touch 2G would come out like during spring last yet? If they did, they should announce it soon and if not, then I guess their just going to randomly put it out.

***Now I got your attention, please read above [​IMG]

Thanks for the help folks! [​IMG]

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Obviously, Apple will release an 3G iPod touch.

Usually, Apple refreshes or updates their iPod line in September. Whether you want it or not, wait for the third generation. What might throw you off are the patches to try and prevent jailbreaking. It's also expected (read: not guaranteed) to have 802.11n and Bluetooth 3.0.

The previous generation iPods are also liquidated when the new ones come in.

3. SpongeFreak52

Member SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Even though 3.0 has already been jailbroken. =D

4. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    iPod touch 3G is fake.

Apple, the company which make iPod touch and iPhone, didn't announce the iPod touch 3G. Instead, Apple announced the new iPhone, called iPhone 3G S.

5. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, he's just trying to get our attention. Ass, change the title, I don't want my time wasted just because you want people's attention.
    Sorry, I'm a bit tired and grumpy [​IMG].

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    There's a 3rd Gen iPhone, so there will be a 3rd Gen iPod Touch. It will probably have up to 64GB flash memory, and some other things such as RAM upgrade (so it can run apps as well as an iPhone 3G S with 3.0).

I'm assuming it'll be announced in the next 6 months, and just like the new iPhone, it wont be a massive upgrade.