ipod touch 2g jailbreak issue

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Shaunzio, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Shaunzio
    OP

Shaunzio Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    So recently I jailbroke my friends ipod. The ipod was on 2.2.1 and me not doing enough research, decided to not update it and use old haxx to install cydia. So now I am stuck with a jailbroken 2.2.1 touch. The problem is that if your firmware is below 3.xx(something around that number), it won't let you install [Redacted]. So how do I fix this? I've downloaded different firmwares and tried installing them through itunes, but it just doesn't work. I heard it had something to do with Apple not signing old firmwares anymore...

So tempers, what do I do?

Also, is there a way to install a firmware such as 3.2 without using itunes?

2. $uPeRJjS&#0

$uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2009
    Cardboard Box
    Restore to 4.1 and jailbreak using Snowbreeze.. I dont think they let you restore to any firmware u want anymore...

3. Shaunzio
    OP

Shaunzio Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    Ok I'll try that out. Thanks a lot.

4. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Unless you have SHSH's for a firmware you can only restore to 4.1

5. metamaster

metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2010
    Canada
    ^ is right
    Don't forget to press the "make my life easier" in Cydia once you've jailbroken it so you can downgrade later. You won't get native multitasking since your friend has a 2g ipod touch, try Backgrounder [​IMG]
    By the way, 3.2.x is for iPad only.

6. $uPeRJjS&#0

$uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2009
    Cardboard Box
    I thought snowbreeze gives us native multitasking because my 2g has it.... [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice