Iphone 3gs can't install apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by link491, Sep 19, 2013.

1. link491
    OP

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Alright, so i have an unlocked (and jailbroken) iphone 3gs on ios 4.1. I just got it today, and when i go to the appstore to search apps, nothing comes up. in fact, the appstore is completely barren? can anybody tell me what the problem is and how i may be able to fix it?

2. Aqua1234

Aqua1234 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2013
    Canada
    Did you try turning it off and on?

All jokes aside, I was having the same issue with my ipad, I guess it's because of ios 7. After a while it worked perfectly fine. I'm sure yours as well.

3. link491
    OP

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    yeah, i started tinkering with it, and after an hour or so of just messing around, things are all working nicely again.

4. Kirito-kun

Kirito-kun Disciple of GabeN

Banned
    Jul 23, 2013
    Canada
    22nd Floor
    3GS? I think it might be time for an upgrade. What the point of install apps when most of them won't even run smoothly.

5. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    You would be surprised actually :P

Though I would update that 3GS to 5.1.1 or something and then Jailbreak it

6. link491
    OP

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    alright guys. Thanks for the help. now i have a second question. As it currently stands, my phone is unlocked via ultrasn0w (or something of the sort) and it is on the old bootroom. Now if i was to update the phone to its final firmware (6.1.3) would it keep the unlock? If it helps any, i'm with telus.

7. Kouen Hasuki

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    I would stick to ios 5 if possible on a 3gs

8. link491
    OP

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    that doesnt really answer my question. but i agree that ios 5 is better for a 3gs. the problem is forcing it to update to it. i dont think itunes will let me

9. Kouen Hasuki

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Oh yea you would not have backup tickets, hem well I'd say mod the update to preserve your baseband and you should be OK just check that 6.1.3 is jailbreak capable

10. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    Before anything, download "tinyumbrella" to check for available SHSHes (firmwares you can go to).
    Once you've found and downloaded your desired update, download redsn0w and process the firmware file by removing it's "Baseband".
    Once done, download sn0wbreez to attach the SHSH (acquired from tinyumbrella) into the newly produced update file for easier and less frustrating update process.

Kouen Hasuki likes this.
  11. filfat
    This message by filfat has been removed from public view by Depravo, Sep 30, 2013, Reason: Less than helpful..
    Sep 30, 2013