Apple Iphone 3gs can't install apps?

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so i have an unlocked (and jailbroken) iphone 3gs on ios 4.1. I just got it today, and when i go to the appstore to search apps, nothing comes up. in fact, the appstore is completely barren? can anybody tell me what the problem is and how i may be able to fix it?

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try turning it off and on?

All jokes aside, I was having the same issue with my ipad, I guess it's because of ios 7. After a while it worked perfectly fine. I'm sure yours as well.

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i started tinkering with it, and after an hour or so of just messing around, things are all working nicely again.

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright guys. Thanks for the help. now i have a second question. As it currently stands, my phone is unlocked via ultrasn0w (or something of the sort) and it is on the old bootroom. Now if i was to update the phone to its final firmware (6.1.3) would it keep the unlock? If it helps any, i'm with telus.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
alright guys. Thanks for the help. now i have a second question. As it currently stands, my phone is unlocked via ultrasn0w (or something of the sort) and it is on the old bootroom. Now if i was to update the phone to its final firmware (6.1.3) would it keep the unlock? If it helps any, i'm with telus.

I would stick to ios 5 if possible on a 3gs

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh yea you would not have backup tickets, hem well I'd say mod the update to preserve your baseband and you should be OK just check that 6.1.3 is jailbreak capable

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Before anything, download "tinyumbrella" to check for available SHSHes (firmwares you can go to).
Once you've found and downloaded your desired update, download redsn0w and process the firmware file by removing it's "Baseband".
Once done, download sn0wbreez to attach the SHSH (acquired from tinyumbrella) into the newly produced update file for easier and less frustrating update process.

Reactions: Kouen Hasuki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-