MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
MystikEkoez said:
Urza said:
You can buy it with a contract, then pay the early termination fee (175USD), and come off with a contract free iPhone for 375USD.
Your credit will go down.
It won't affect your credit.
Well, there's a 37 dollar activation fee... But after a read around the interwebz, I didn't seem to find anything about credit after you pay the subsidy.
So, 199+175+37. $411. They still make 11 dollars. Not to mention you have to pay for the first month of service...

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think signing up for a cell phone contract automatically lowers your credit score because they do a credit check or something to that effect.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Urza said:
MystikEkoez said:
Urza said:
You can buy it with a contract, then pay the early termination fee (175USD), and come off with a contract free iPhone for 375USD.
Your credit will go down.
It won't affect your credit.
Well, there's a 37 dollar activation fee... But after a read around the interwebz, I didn't seem to find anything about credit after you pay the subsidy.
So, 199+175+37. $411. They still make 11 dollars. Not to mention you have to pay for the first month of service...
Making 11 bucks? Where do you get that from?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah as I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm prolly going to sell my current phone and iPod to get it
biggrin.gif

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Standard 8GB iPhone costs $400.

QUOTE(Salamantis @ Jun 10 2008, 08:10 PM) yeah as I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm prolly going to sell my current phone and iPod to get it
biggrin.gif
I managed to eBay my 16GB iPhone for $610USD. So, I guess I'm covered on a 3G iPhone.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MystikEkoez said:
Urza said:
Standard 8GB iPhone costs $400.

QUOTE(Salamantis @ Jun 10 2008, 08:10 PM) yeah as I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm prolly going to sell my current phone and iPod to get it
biggrin.gif
I managed to eBay my 16GB iPhone for $610USD. So, I guess I'm covered on a 3G iPhone.

Hehe nice! That's a lot for an iPhone.

I'm just hoping plans in Canada won't cost a lot.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
Hehe nice! That's a lot for an iPhone.

I'm just hoping plans in Canada won't cost a lot.
I recommend you eBay your iPhone as fast as possible. The 3G iPhone will be available worldwide, thus destroying the exclusivity iPhone's have towards the world. International users pay a LOT for phones that are dubbed unlocked, plus the current gen iPhone is sold out around the world. I've seen an 8GB iPhone reach as much as $800 on eBay. Plus idiots in the US who see the iPhone as a Wii are willing to pay extorted prices to get what they want considering that iPhones are sold out throughout the world at the 6 Million mark.
QUOTE(Urza @ Jun 10 2008, 08:14 PM) How does that have anything to do with how much money they make on each unit?
I'm saying AT&T makes 11 dollars. AT&T pays apple FULL retail price for each people. By forcing you into a contract, they have the ability to subsidy your phone, which after a two year contract is nothing compared to what you will be paying throughout the years.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Urza said:
How does that have anything to do with how much money they make on each unit?
I'm saying AT&T makes 11 dollars. AT&T pays apple FULL retail price for each people. By forcing you into a contract, they have the ability to subsidy your phone, which after a two year contract is nothing compared to what you will be paying throughout the years.
ATT pays a bit more than retail for each device, closer to 500USD for a 8GB model.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
MystikEkoez said:
Urza said:
How does that have anything to do with how much money they make on each unit?
ATT pays a bit more than retail for each device, closer to 500USD for a 8GB model.
Really? Wow, then I guess us buying 8GB iPhones for $400 and 16GB iPhones for $500, then unlocking them for other networks are totally destroying AT&T.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Renegade_R said:
I would gladly go for the iPhone 3G but I have no idea how much teh data plan is going to cost in Canada. As far as I know from AT&T...the dataplan cost has been increased to $30 a month and that is ON TOP of a minimum $40 voice plan. That's $70 a month BEFORE any additional fees like system access fee, taxes, etc

Since the GSM networks in Canada haven't been exactly innovative in terms of data (5 cents a fucking kilobyte and $50 for 50MB), I'm really afraid of what they have up their sleeve.

Rogers does also offer 1GB for $65, 2GB for $75, 3GB for $85 and 5Gb for $100. Just noting it. iPhone 3G's are already up on eBay fetching big bucks. The seller can't even guarantee that they he will be able to sell it.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will you have to get a data plan? Or can you go strictly talk? I don't need a data plan, just talk and text. I can do the other stuff via wifi

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never felt like paying $65 on top of my shitty voice plan just to browse the internet. I wish they would copy Bell's $7 unlimited data offer. They have the HTC Touch...its no iPhone though.

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sfunk said:
I think signing up for a cell phone contract automatically lowers your credit score because they do a credit check or something to that effect.

That's largely a myth. Just running a credit report will not automatically lower your score. However, signing up for, say, a cell phone contract or credit card and being declined will lower it. Getting those contracts also lowers it -- then when you pay on time, it rises again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: