MrDiesel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm currently running with native background support, but it kinda slows down the animations and so. I think this is because the native bg adds shadows and stuff to the icons.

Isn't there a Cydia alternative (like the ones people used for iOS 3) which only sets a wallpaper as background without all that icon modification stuff? I've tried User Wallpaper 4.0, but that didn't work.

I'm running 4.2.1.

Thanks

MrDiesel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
That's what I tried. I tried using "User Wallpaper" within Winterboard, but nothing has changed. I then read that it wasn't compatible with iOS 4, so I got "User Wallpaper 4.0", but that didn't change a thing either. How do you set this up? It just stays black with me.

Thanks for quick reply
smile.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
the native background changing shouldn't slow your iphone down, i think it's the multitasking thats slowing it down
double click on the home button the multitask should pop up tap and hold on 1 of the apps running. the icons will now have a (-) sign on it. tap
it and the app should go away

MrDiesel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
When I only use multitasking, it operates at a decent speed, but when the native wallpaper is enabled, it slows down. I'm almost done with the Winterboard fix. It seems that they moved the images location in 4.2.1 :s

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
MrDiesel said:
When I only use multitasking, it operates at a decent speed, but when the native wallpaper is enabled, it slows down. I'm almost done with the Winterboard fix. It seems that they moved the images location in 4.2.1 :s
what :S

the default background (the raindrop one or anything you changed it to) is always there, you can't disable it

MrDiesel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
No, I mean the one of the actual background.
It was "/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg" and now it's "/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.cpbitmap". I can't create the symbolic link to "/var/stash/themes/User Wallpaper.theme/Wallpaper.jpg", because it keeps telling me there is no such file or directory.

I tried making a symbolic link within WinSCP to "/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg" (file I pasted there myself), but it is still black. Any ideas?

Edit:
Got it working
biggrin.gif

Instead of creating a link, I pasted the file in the User Wallpaper.theme folder (Wallpaper.jpg), and it works now. It's much faster now.. Only disadvantage is that I always have to SSH into my phone to change it, but that doesn't matter.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person