iPhone 15 expected to use USB-C

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite not being an iPhone user, this is exciting news as Apple is reportedly moving towards using USB-C only (their tablets already do).

The EU forced them and it's frankly something they should have done themselves if they weren't so stubborn about using proprietary shit.

Would I buy an iPhone if it has a USB-C? No, but it's nice to see them joining the rest of the world than lock people into the Apple ecosystem with their cables.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not going to follow usb c standard, i think this was revealed months ago, but they're going to make it so you need an apple certified cable to get "full speed charging", which will probably have special hardware that has some sort of serial number to it that the phone can recognize

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not going to follow usb c standard, i think this was revealed months ago, but they're going to make it so you need an apple certified cable to get "full speed charging", which will probably have special hardware that has some sort of serial number to it that the phone can recognize
Proprietary USB-C.

They weren't going to give the full speeds away for free, after all, this is Apple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...