OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does having a Nintendo-signed IOS16 (IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad) mean that we'll always be able to use it to install WADs, using the IOS16 version of WADmanager? No matter what holes they patch, we'll always be able to install IOS16 using WADmanager and work from there (f.ex. install cIOS cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad), right?

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jfjfjf said:
Does having a Nintendo-signed IOS16 (IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad) mean that we'll always be able to use it to install WADs, using the IOS16 version of WADmanager? No matter what holes they patch, we'll always be able to install IOS16 using WADmanager and work from there (f.ex. install cIOS cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad), right?

No, I'm sure if Nintendo wanted to they could easily block the installation of IOS16 and they probably will.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's easily fixed by them simply releasing an update that includes a trucha-patched IOS16 to all Wii systems, or including it on disc updates. however, there are other workarounds, and I have even come up with one that is just as simple, and just as simply patched.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nintendo wanted to do another firesale, they could release patched versions of IOS16, and even overwrite our various cIOS's 249, 247, 254, etc....there is nothing currently stopping them from doing that. Bootmii eventually will be used in a way to intercept intended updates and patch them before they are installed.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jfjfjf said:
True, I get all that, but won't installing IOS16 (IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad) _over_ an updated IOS16 just work?

Your assuming you have the ability to install something after the update

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
because you can't install an IOS that have lower version number over an IOS that have an higher version number.

For example you can't install IOS16.222 over IOS16.250

jfjfjf

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fennec said:
because you can't install an IOS that have lower version number over an IOS that have an higher version number.

For example you can't install IOS16.222 over IOS16.250

That sucks
frown.gif

wiigeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but how can you tell what ios's you have installed if you don't remember what all you put on? I know I used the ios for the shop updater that gave me the 3.3v2 benefits w/o the red-lines Ninty had. However, I want to play around with the wad installer but I see places that state to use cios16....

--nm, I see now, AnyTitleDeleter then System, IOS's there.. lots too.

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if you deleted the ios first with anytitle deleter then installed it ? assuming that the tp hack still works on the new firmware or the homebrew channel if you have it

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
muck chucker said:
what if you deleted the ios first with anytitle deleter then installed it ? assuming that the tp hack still works on the new firmware or the homebrew channel if you have it
Anytitle deleter doesn't.

And don't count on BootMii being any sort of update interceptor. Its purpose is to enable homebrew, not to patch the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1