Apple iOS 6 upgrade?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Apple Maps is definitely quite buggy. Sometimes it doesn't even load turn by turn too. It needs to improve on a LOT of things.

The Apple Maps issues are hilarious. I understand all the 3D rendering bugs though. Basically anywhere they haven't made a specific map they use basic elevation information which results in weird looking points where their 3D models suddenly stop. Shouldn't excuse the melting bridges though!

I haven't used iOS6 and never will (I have a 3rd Gen iPod which doesn't get the update for arbitrary reasons). It seems like a decent enough update, severes ties with Google a bit and improves the interface in small ways. iOS is getting insanely stale though, that 4x4 Grid is looking very static and uninteresting these days and putting all the different app settings in the Settings app is just adding more steps to do things like enter private browsing mode in Safari. The Weather icon is still stuck saying 73 degrees and Sunny rather than having any kind of live update (which wouldn't be hard to implement). iOS needs to make itself more like Android in some respects. An ability to set a default web browser would be nice for a start.

Btw are Siri's location services still only available in the USA?
Location services now work in MORE places around the world. I tried it in Singapore and it works well. It doesn't work in all locations though, which is literally quite impossible.

One more thing I noticed with iOS 6: if you have the YouTube app on your device and tap on a video URL, it brings you to that app.

About the live weather, I know one website that you can save the bookmark on the home screen and it updates constantly. I used to have it. Now I forgot the site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: