Apple iOS 5 untethered jailbreak discussion thread

RikuCrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, yes, I have decided to make this, as a way to keep the thread uncluttered when it is released.

Here's what we know:

It will be a Greenpoison, at least for iPhone 4 and anything older (including iPod Touch 4G)

Pod2G is working on an untethered 4S and iPad 2 jailbreak

The 4 and lower version currently in the hands of Chronic Dev Team

Pod2G has allowed CDT to release the jailbreak at their discretion

The jailbreak SHOULD be coming in the next few days

Other notes:

It has been reported that have an untethered jailbreak, but it is $24.99, so please report if you decide to buy it.

---

Tell me anything else you'd like to add to this post!

RikuCrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I'm sorry, I saw a news article about it.

Thanks for letting me know it was a scam, I'm a little impatient and was gunna pay for it :L

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have an semi-tethered jailbreak on my 5.0.1 ipod touch 4g. How will I be able to uninstall this jailbreak and download the untethered one? Also, when will the untethered jailbreak be uploaded?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There is no ETA for the untethered jailbreak.

If history repeats itself, you can apply the untether on top of a tethered jailbreak without the need to restore. (I would uninstall the semi-tether package prior to untethering, though.)

RikuCrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b1.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Redsnow can jailbreak a4 devices untethered now!

Instructions (taken from: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-untethered-on-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-a4-devices-now-using-redsn0w-0.9.10b1-corona/)

FOR THOSE WITH A CURRENT TETHERED JAILBREAK
If you are currently operating an A4 device which has a tethered jailbreak using Redsn0w, Ac1dSn0w or Sn0wbreeze then you can simply launch Cydia from your Springboard and download a package named ‘Corona’ which will provide you with an untethered jailbreak.

FOR UNJAILBROKEN USERS:
Step 1: Download the latest version of Redsn0w from the links given above.
Step 2: Start Redsn0w, select "Jailbreak" then check "Install Cydia". Follow the onscreen steps to place your device into DFU mode.
Step 3: Wait for Redsn0w to apply the full untethered jailbreak!
Once done, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will be rebooted into fully untethered jailbreak mode!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it