Hardware Internet problems

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was browsing around on the internet, and then my internet just gets "limited" and cuts me off.
I reconnected, same thing again. I restarted, reconnected and then it let me browse for around 5 minutes AND IT CUTS ME OFF AGAIN! I reconnect, spend some time, AND IT CUTS ME OFF YET AGAIN! I had some random problems too, like "Can't connect to this network" and I restarted, reconnected and it worked. but now it happened again and even after a restart it still just says "Can't connect to network".
ANY help would be GREAT.
EDIT: I noticed that there was a suspicious network on my list. Once, my network died, and windows was unable to see any networks beside mine (dead) and the suspicious one, and only that one remained intact. Has my network (or PC) been hacked?

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When was the last time you rebooted your router?
The problem is not the router itself, and I'm sure of it, since it works for every other person connected to my network. But it seems that the problem solved itself, since now everything works perfectly.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is not the router itself. and I'm sure of it, since it works for every other person connected to my network. But it seems that the problem solved itself, since now everything works perfectly.
There are numerous reason why a router reboot can still solve your problem even when no other devices are seemingly affected. Rebooting a router should always be Step 1 or Step 2 of diagnosing internet connectivity problems.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I noticed that there was a suspicious network on my list. Once, my network died, and windows was unable to see any networks beside mine (dead) and the suspicious one, and only that one remained intact. Has my network (or PC) been hacked?
Totally made me think of this. Haha.
bells-of-saint-john-wifi.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE