Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

I'm having a strange problem. Everytime someone uses the microwave, I pretty much lose internet (it drops to a crawl). We have fully diagnosed that whenever someone uses the microwave it affects the internet problem.

My the floor plan is something like this (Z = My computer (connected to internet via wireless PCI-E card) X = router and Y = microwave)

|-----------------Z-----|
|------------------------|
|-----------|------------|
|------X----|------Y----|

Any suggestions on what the microwave is doing to cause this and how do I fix it? It only affects my computer, so is it normal for microwaves to interfere with Internet?

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's perfectly normal. Microwaves emit radiation that make your connection go haywire, same applies to any wireless appliance if the microwave is turned on. Normal Lan cables also have this issue, unless they are foiled, or shielded (note: they are more expensive however as well). However, if you're going wired with normal cables, the interference should be somewhat less.

Best tip is to move the microwave, because it is very close to your access point, jamming nearly all wireless internet connections if you turn it on. You can also buy a new microwave, because newer microwaves emit much less radiation than older ones.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip! I understand ^_^

I wasn't sure if it was using too much of the house power which decreased power in the router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off