LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ladies and gentlemen,

I would like to introduce to you my Internet Channel petition. The Internet Channel has not have a update since October 10, 2007. That is way too long. most sites are barely viewable and the app is not worth the 500 Wii points. Not in its current state. A lot of people were wondering if nobody cares anymore but that is NOT the truth. There are people who care and this petition is the start of my campaign to bring to us a better Internet Channel! Please join me an the others who have already signed this petition. THIS IS NOT SPAM! This is a important step in making the internet channel better. We need a flash update and we needed it like, yesterday!

http://lightykd.blogspot.com/2009/07/inter...l-petition.html

Your signatures will be greatly appreciated!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most websites still work for me on the Internet Channel. I personally hate flash, apart from using it on sites like youtube.
frown.gif

I can see Nintendo really only updating it if there is a major security risk they need to patch.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...That's not the point
sleep.gif
' It's called giving Nintendo a healthy kick in the ass. Its that apathetic attitude like that, that lets Nintendo believe that nobody cares about the Internet Channel. This isn't the only place I created his thread. I also did one at Gamefaqs, Gamespot, GoNintendo and the official Opera forum. The more the merrier!

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
...That's not the point
sleep.gif
' It's called giving Nintendo a healthy kick in the ass. Its that apathetic attitude like that, that lets Nintendo believe that nobody cares about the Internet Channel. This isn't the only place I created his thread. I also did one at Gamefaqs, Gamespot, GoNintendo and the official Opera forum. The more the merrier!

Wow, you're really reaching.

I do agree that the Internet Channel is pretty much novelty by now, but it was pretty much novelty from the start, in my opinion.

Still, an update WOULD be appreciated, Nintendo.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why !? ....Most people on this forum have got it for FREE anyway ...why bother with 500 points when you can soft mod your Wii for FREE and get the channel for FREE too so no one feels the need to complain for something that they got for FREE
smile.gif

edit most people end up uninstalling it as its BLOATED and takes up over 200 blocks on its own!

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree that the internet channel could use a major overhaul let us not forget the horror that was the Dreamcast Planetweb browser... (for those of us unfortunate enough to live in the US.)

It could be worse.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requiem4d said:
While I agree that the internet channel could use a major overhaul let us not forget the horror that was the Dreamcast Planetweb browser... (for those of us unfortunate enough to live in the US.)

It could be worse.

For being what it was during its day and time, the Planetweb browser wasn't so bad. It just needed quarterly updates. That would have helped it greatly.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm fine with it as is, but then, I got it for free legally, back when they were still giving it away. Who the heck really uses their Wii to browse through complex flash sites and such, anyway? Youtube still works fine, and many sites will never load properly anyway, simply because regardless of browser update, the system just doesn't have the necessary resources.

I use it to check the weather, since the Wii's own weather channel sucks so badly (if they can't even keep the weather channel remotely updated or accurate, I doubt they'll put much work into Opera), and to play Youtube videos from the couch when I'm too lazy to go upstairs where the real computer is. It's really not that important... I wonder if anybody here on GBATemp actually posts to the forum from their Wii. What a nightmare that must be. Urgh.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get it but doubtful they will ever do anything with it reason its primarily a games console not aimed at a serious user!

The Wii console is aimed at the family unit and juvenile market who really just want to play a few games and not surf the net!

Wii is pretty limited for web browsing mainly due to having pretty poor memory it has 88mb system memory and 512mb in internal storage hardly anything at all!

this is the Wii's downfall when it comes to the browsers capability's!

Besides that most people who have a Wii and internet access ALSO HAVE A PC! Which kinda defeats the object!

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
They are updating it. A couple of months back, Opera and Nintendo showed some overhauled images of an updated browser.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:
...That's not the point
sleep.gif
Nintendo's being like the kid who'll only do one math question for homework, and say he tried, figuratively speaking. That goes for me literally.

Anyway yeah, I wouldn't bother with the Opera browser, it's certainly not worth it. That doesn't mean they should do anything about it. There are websites that play a bunch of wii compatible games, so if you like that, you should already be satisfied. Just don't expect too much from Nintendo in terms of internet browsing, it'll just end up being another let down.

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
I wonder if anybody here on GBATemp actually posts to the forum from their Wii. What a nightmare that must be. Urgh.
I post through the Internet Channel all the time. With a USB keyboard, it's not that bad.

QUOTE(supermodchips @ Jul 8 2009, 01:37 PM) They are updating it. A couple of months back, Opera and Nintendo showed some overhauled images of an updated browser.
Those images were confirmed fake. (Some website just Photoshop-ed them to get more publicity.)

Also, I signed the petition.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the problem is that Opera sucks. Of course, Nintendo has decided to put it on any fucking device that can support an internet browser (which is sad), while the PS3's web browser is almost comparable to that of anyone on a computer (so I've heard). Honestly, I don't use it that much, mainly if I'm just looking at walkthroughs for games (since I don't want to walk to my computer, look it up, then walk back).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-