poulp3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I have never connected my switch to wifi. Today, I want to try In-Home-Switching, so, I disabled internet access of non-autorised devices with my router, while I can still be connected locally.
Problem : my switch doesn't stay connected to my router because it can't access the internet (but it's connected locally while an internet test is in progress).
Want can I do ? I really want to stay in that "never touched internet" state.
edit : the switch needs a response from nintendo server everytime it connect to wifi. I'll go for yaDNS-NX or 90DNS + router blocking since I'm paranoid :ninja:
qgsUTII.jpg

Last edited by poulp3,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you set your router back to authorized state not non-authorized, you should use WPA2 if you have access to that feature.

poulp3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why don't you set your router back to authorized state not non-authorized, you should use WPA2 if you have access to that feature.
Because I don't want that my switch connect to the internet (afraid of ban for homebrews), just local network.
I am using WPA2.

poulp3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess I have to enable the domain used by nintendo (through router) while switch processes internet test...
edit : If I allow only 90DNS IP through my router, I should be 100% safe.

Last edited by poulp3,

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
That looks perfectly normal if im reading your post correctly, you have disabled internet for non authorised devices on the router and your picture is clearly showing your switch connecting to your router but not getting internet.

exactly what you said you have done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...