malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm fairly new to the Wii Custom firmware scene but have successfully created and installed custom PSP firmware.

These are some features I'm thinking of implementing in my upcoming Wii firmware...

My firmwares currently in its alpha stage and I've already managed to brick one Wii so the beta will not be released for a while...

~ Blue LED on front of the Wii; option to turn it on and off and to keep it on 24/7.

~ Remove ALL warning screens before games and the intro warning screen.

~ Region Free console

~ Pre-installed DVD Player/ Homebrew Channel.

If anyone has any feedback and REALISTIC ideas to include please leave me some feedback.

rocketman07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also installed a custom firmware on my psp so I'm going to write a custom wii firmware.

Here are my features

Blue LED on front of Wii turn rainbow colored

Wiimote batteries self charge while you play

XBox 360 emulator

Make wii dvd drive read blu ray discs

It might take me awhile because the other day I saw the space shuttle launch on tv and have been building my own spaceship ever since then.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
rocketman07 said:
I also installed a custom firmware on my psp so I'm going to write a custom wii firmware.

Here are my features

Blue LED on front of Wii turn rainbow colored

Wiimote batteries self charge while you play

XBox 360 emulator

Make wii dvd drive read blu ray discs

It might take me awhile because the other day I saw the space shuttle launch on tv and have been building my own spaceship ever since then.
lol...

What I think this not very polite member of our community meant is there's no way to make custom firmwares run on the wii just yet. At least AFAIK.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rocketman07 said:

Did you also write the custom firmware for your PSP yourself, smartass?
That is assuming the OP really did create his own firmware. If so all the more power to you OP.

rocketman07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Did you also write the custom firmware for your PSP yourself, smartass?
That is assuming the OP really did create his own firmware. If so all the more power to you OP.

No I didn't say I did.
I'm just saying I'm glad the OP is on the job. He has figured out how to brick a wii so custom firmware can't be far behind.

Now if he could just learn how not to triple post.

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you may have misunderstood what I am saying...

I was actually part of the team during the 3.51 M33 custom firmware "saga" and helped to clean up some of the code in the original stages whilst it was still in development.... I haven't " just installed" custom firmware.

Guess ill take my ideas to a different forum.

EDIT

Oh to the guy who bitched about the triple post, the server was down for 20 mins or so.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
I think you may have misunderstood what I am saying...

I was actually part of the team during the 3.51 M33 custom firmware "saga" and helped to clean up some of the code in the original stages whilst it was still in development.... I haven't " just installed" custom firmware.

Guess ill take my ideas to a different forum.

Grow a thicker skin. The ratio of morons to intelligent members on this forum is EXTREMELY high due to its nature as a romkiddy hangout.

Keep up your effort and ignore the others. The few people that matter will come to help if your project shows promise.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
I'm fairly new to the Wii Custom firmware scene but have successfully created and installed custom PSP firmware.

These are some features I'm thinking of implementing in my upcoming Wii firmware...

My firmwares currently in its alpha stage and I've already managed to brick one Wii so the beta will not be released for a while...

~ Blue LED on front of the Wii; option to turn it on and off and to keep it on 24/7.

~ Region Free console

If anyone has any feedback and REALISTIC ideas to include please leave me some feedback.

As bushing would say, "YOUR WII IS NOT A PSP"

no offence,but you sound like a total n00b that has NO idea what their talking about.

Anyways >.>
If you can make a cfw(which I highly doubt) add a clock to the home menu
tongue.gif

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Framework43 said:

no offence,but you sound like a total n00b that has NO idea what their talking about.

Anyways >.>
tongue.gif

No offense, but you sound like a total n00b because its a common misnomer that IOS changes are often called "firmware" when referring to the Wii.

Besides his use of terminology much of what he is attempting to accomplish is already possible or nearly possible with existing tools.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Framework43 said:
malverns said:

~ Region Free console

Anyways >.>
tongue.gif
The Wii has a clock....*facepalm* Now who's the n00b

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
StarFall doesnt touch the Disc Slot light.

If only someone would/could code so that the DVD Disc Slot light is always on when the console is on, but goes to normal (lights up when there is a new message) in standby mode.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Framework43 said:
malverns said:

~ Region Free console

Anyways >.>
tongue.gif
The Wii has a clock....*facepalm* Now who's the n00b .

Jabcecle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope he doesn't go off somewhere else. This seems like another productive piece of work with the potential of being fairly useful, for some more than others.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I don't want to ruin the party, but most of the REAL developers out there, just develop a piece of software and then RELEASE it.
Without posting in forums saying "Hey, I'm 1337 and I can do this and this and I'm a l33t PSP h4x0r".
See Bushing, or Waninkoko, they develop and then RELEASE things without useless forum threads and whining if they're criticised
tongue.gif

This reminds me SO MUCH of the EpicSoftHack guys
tongue.gif

If he's a real hacker, and knows what's he's doing, good for you all
wink.gif

Just my humble opinion. Feel free to ignore me
smile.gif

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't really necessary we already have that and it's called the "homebrew channel". Noobs should learn how to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello