Integrating cardreader into flashcart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by OctoNezd, Jan 2, 2017.

1. OctoNezd
    OP

OctoNezd *insert some funny quote here*

Aug 11, 2016
    Russia
    Moscow
    So the concept is:install microusb out into flashcart. Why? Because I can(not I cant)

2. OctoNezd
    OP

Aug 11, 2016
    Russia
    Moscow
    Looks like there is no enough space in Slot-1 flashcart for card reader. But it possible to insert some microcontroller into slot-2, right?

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    http://hackaday.com/2005/07/20/ds-serial-interface/ has a serial interface as an option.

One of Datel's media player for the DS was a hard drive reader and thus you could have CF. Equally it is for the GBA but http://reinerziegler.de/GBA/gba.htm#great GBA hardware might be of interest.

I am not sure what practical value it has -- I am sure you could get a bunch of android devices with USB host, and also things like the raspberry pi. If you really wanted it for use with the DS you could probably make something to host a card (not sure what various NAS programs for the raspberry pi are doing but I would start there) and its own network (many NAS programs/operating systems/plugins will have the option for FTP at least) and have conventional DS wifi based homebrew join and pull or push files wherever you wanted them.

4. OctoNezd
    OP

Aug 11, 2016
    Russia
    Moscow
    I found arduino <-> NDS(Slot-2) guide. I will use it when I get arduino on my hands

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Are you sure that it will work? Devices for slot-2 must be really fast and I think that an arduino is too slow.
    You could also reverse the bluetooth function of pokemon typing adventure and maybe use that.

6. OctoNezd
    OP

Aug 11, 2016
    Russia
    Moscow
    I have no idea, but recently I received mine arduino, so I will do tests soon

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This may help

Last edited by OctoNezd, Jul 3, 2017