Instant Codes demostration function on Sakura 1.12+

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dsrules, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. dsrules
    OP

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

here's a demo of the Instant Codes cheat function working on Sakura 1.12+

if someone could tell me how to replace one of the switches, from SUR_CheatSwitch1=Toggle or SUR_CheatSwitch2=Always On to a SUR_CheatSwitch3=InstantOn

in other words, instead of showing the choices:
    SUR_CheatSwitch0=OFF
    SUR_CheatSwitch1=Toggle
    SUR_CheatSwitch2=Always On

modify it to show

SUR_CheatSwitch0=OFF
    SUR_CheatSwitch1=Toggle
    SUR_CheatSwitch3=InstantOn

as been asked in this topic
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142819
    then we could choose the Instant function in Sakura 1.12+ without using hex editing, any helps would be appreciated!

2. Styles420

Member Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So did you change the "Cheats off" option to instant on? Or just fake this somehow? Because every time you went into the options for the rom, every option was turned off, including cheats.

3. dsrules
    OP

There's only 3 options available in Sakura 1.12+, Switch0=off , switch1 = toggle, switch2= always on

you saw the cheat = off because there's no switch3 selection in there, that's why it shows off

that's why I asked for help to put switch3 in there so that you could select it without using hex editing the opt file every time
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142819

and by watching at the video, I think it's as genuine as it gets, here'a another video with a timer on the background for double genuine

hope someone could find the switch data in Sakura 1.12+ and replace the Always ON (Switch2) to a Switch3 (instant codes)

4. Styles420

United States
    In other words, instant codes worked a long time before they let us use it, eh? Makes me question the select button problems of 1.34 all over again... how many other features are already present in the old firmwares, that weren't available only because they didn't give us a button to activate them?

5. dsrules
    OP

not really.. the instant codes function works that's because I'm using the Sakura 1.35x 2nd final's game engine on Sakura 1.12+..that means Sakura 1.35x2nd = Sakura1.12+ (on the game engine part only)

6. Styles420

United States
    Then it's not 1.12, the game engine kinda determines the version... the interface is just cosmetic. This is kinda like putting the guts of an Xbox 360 into an original NES case, and claiming to have a Nintendo that can play 360 games...

7. dsrules
    OP

the select function and txt cheat files doesn't work in Sakura 1.34 (txt cheat file also doesn't with in 1.35 2nd), but if you use the the Sakura 1.34 or 1.35 2nd's game engine on Sakura 1.12+, the Select function and txt cheat files still works (how do you explain why txt cheat file still works here after the update but doesnt work in 1.35?)(file extention still appears in 1line view when chose Hidden)...I don't see how that's not Sakura 1.12+ anymore...the game engine is just for game compatiablity, since they don't release updates to for Sakura 1.12+ anymore, new games can't be play, so you have to update it yourself manually

if Sakura 1.11 can't play a new game and they release Sakura 1.12 to support the new game...you're saying that Sakura 1.11 is not 1.11 anymore, that's right, it's became Sakura 1.12

in other words, if I update Sakura 1.12+ to play all new games including FFCC:EoT (U)...that means it's not Saukra 1.12+ anymore...I should name it to Sakura 1.13 or a higher version or the unofficial version would be more appropriate

8. Styles420

United States
    Hard to say... maybe this is the famed Sakurankenstein mentioned in other posts [​IMG]

Either way, it's a good method to prove which functions are coded in which file, so if I'm being too critical it's meant to be in a purely constructive way - this still has its uses.