Hacking Installing updates dumped with Vitamin? HOW?

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen games that include the game vpk and the update file.....how do you install the update file?....i've tried before and still seeing update available, etc....

ErniShinny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, anyone tried to update digital games (the fl0w stated that you can) via psn? Dont have the system at hand to try it out myself

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Hanzyusuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found A TEMPORARY Solution To The Problem!
1. Install game vpk
2. Copy update zip contents to the game folder
3. Make a GameTitleIDfolder in ux0:Patch/ folder in vitashell (ex: ux0:Patch/PCSE00491)
4. Copy the update zip contents to the new folder you just created in ux0:Patch/
5. Start the game, now it should not say to update your game and should detect the latest version :D

By the way, if anyone needs minecraft dumped vpk with version 1.34 update (US - DIGITAL), i can upload =))

it worked for me, and if it still shows to update, it doesn;t matter, you have the update anyways! :)

Last edited by Hanzyusuf,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Transfer the update files to the install location within ux0:app/* accepting overwrite of all/any files

1. Install game vpk
3. Make a GameTitleIDfolder in ux0:Patch/ folder in vitashell (ex: ux0:Patch/PCSE00491)
4. Copy the update zip contents to the new folder you just created in ux0:Patch/
5. Start the game, now it should not say to update your game and should detect the latest version :D

By the way, if anyone needs minecraft dumped vpk with version 1.34 update (US - DIGITAL), i can upload =))

it worked for me, and if it still shows to update, it doesn;t matter, you have the update anyways! :)

Where are the update files located before installation?

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, one we click the orange button on the vita's live area, the vita will download the latest update, and it will be there waiting until you run the appropriate game to install the update. Where would be the pending downloaded files located?

Hanzyusuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where are the update files located before installation?

first go to the directory ux0:/bgdl/t/numbers/, then chose the first one that have the update folder inside in the format folder PXXXXXXX, inside of the folder PXXXXXXX there will be another folder called 0000 and inside of that one the update is there , take all the data inside the folder 000000 and put it on the folder PXXXXXXX :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bro wait..... this method doesn't seem to work on some games, and for few others it doesn't work, and also by this method the game updates, but it still shows that updates are available.
But by the new method below, that error is gone, and it is easier too :)
So you should rather follow this method:
<snip>

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: You can't link to that website -rp

RadioBug43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro wait..... this method doesn't seem to work on some games, and for few others it doesn't work, and also by this method the game updates, but it still shows that updates are available.
<snip>

Hey, i really really didn't avidly read the rules of this site whilst signing up... But if it's not too much trouble, can you either PM me, or email me at cakalala 43 @ gmail .com so that i can either see that link, or understand the method you're suggesting please? I'm stuck trying to update Silent Hill...

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first go to the directory ux0:/bgdl/t/numbers/, then chose the first one that have the update folder inside in the format folder PXXXXXXX, inside of the folder PXXXXXXX there will be another folder called 0000 and inside of that one the update is there , take all the data inside the folder 000000 and put it on the folder PXXXXXXX :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

<snip>
Is it possible to pm me the link to the better method please.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Install game vpk

Is it intentional that you copy the update.zip contents twice?

If so, I noticed that the update contains some files/directories that resemble ones found in the normal directory (such as eboot.bin and sce_module) and some that have names like patch_v*. Would it make sense to put the patch_ files in the Patch directory and the other files in the main directory?

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question, is it possible to download an update, dump it with henkaku and then install it with the method? I am searching for the update for Digimon Cyber Sleuth, but cannot find it and of course I get an error after trying to install it via psn, so I was wondering if when you download the update, is it on some folder (which one?) and can you dump it?

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, is it possible to download an update, dump it with henkaku and then install it with the method? I am searching for the update for Digimon Cyber Sleuth, but cannot find it and of course I get an error after trying to install it via psn, so I was wondering if when you download the update, is it on some folder (which one?) and can you dump it?

For your first question from what I read no but you may try it. The download via psn would be ux0:/bgdl/t but it's encrypted and won't work with decrypted games and currently, from my understanding, it cannot be dumped properly because it's not actually installed but I could be wrong. I'm in the same boat as you but with sword art online hf and silent hill book of memories.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte