Installing Monster Hunter 3 offline/online pack on mac?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by whatupdog, Nov 14, 2013.

1. whatupdog
    OP

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    Since Capcom shut off the MH3 servers, I've been trying to find a way to install the Monster Hunter Tri expansion pack (found here http://monsterhunter3expansions.weebly.com/index.html ) so I can play the online content offline. The directions listed on the site are as follows:

This is fine except I don't have Windows, I have a mac, and I can't use wiiscrubber. I assume this is doable with wiimms ISO tools, but I have no idea where to begin. Any help would be really appreciated.

oji and Patxinco like this.
  2. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I didn't know about this, thank you! XD

3. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    Thanks for pointing to this valuable mod.

You're right, it's possible to patch iso/wbfs by wit. I've done it in Windows but it's must be doable by the same way in Mac, Linux or whatever:
    1. put wit & iso to the same directory
    2. Expand iso to temp folder by running next command:
      Code:
      wit extract -s ./ -1 -n RMHE08 . mhtri.d --psel=DATA -ovv
    3. copy modified files from mod to the appropriate places in the "mhtri.d"
    4. Compile new wbfs image by running next command:
      Code:
      wit copy -s mhtri.d "Monster Hunter Tri [RMHE08].wbfs" -ovv --boot-id=RMHE08 --disc-id=RMHE08 --tt-id="RMHE" --wbfs-id=RMHE08 --name "Monster Hunter Tri"

4. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    By the way, there is update at the author's site (http://monsterhunter3expansions.weebly.com/) — version 0.60.

Changelog:
    1. Added levelling info to the quest list document
    2. High rank monsters have been made a little more difficult / have more HP. Except Rathalos in 'Run Down a Rathalos', his level has been decreased according to the feedback I received.
    3. Hot Deal quest is now completed
    4. Modified the quest 'Festival of Fear'. Hopefully the second stage of the quest now activates. This is currently the only Jhen quest I am working on, no guarantees that 'Rumble in the Desert' will work yet.

5. whatupdog
    OP

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    Well, I never could get wit to do the job, so I used linux and wine to run wiiscrubber. Worked great. Not sure why the commands you posted didn't work. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.