Installing mods in minecraft >.<

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TheDreamLord, Apr 5, 2012.

1. TheDreamLord
    OP

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    This has been confusing me alot lately. I want to install a few mods, like Keep Inventory on Death, Mo' Creatures, ExtraBiomesXL, ecosystem things like that. How do I install these? I have ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, and Forge, I also installed them in that order. However when I try to install a mod, it either black screens on startup, or won't load the world. Or gets stuck on Done Loading. Yes, I deleted the META-INF folder. How do I install these PROPERLY? I read that there needs to be a mods folder, but I don't know where it should be put, or what name it needs. Please help thanks!

2. finkmac

finkmac GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    Over there
    Try starting with a clean copy of Minecraft… Oh, and are you sure the Mods are compatible with your version of Minecraft?

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Mods that go into the /mods/ folder go into /.minecraft/mods/

4. TheDreamLord
    OP

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    Whoops, I was on 1.2.5. Forge is for 1.2.4 so I used MCNostalgia and got back 1.2.4. I now got ComputerCraft working :D Thanks for the help anyway guys!

5. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah. Forge should be updating for 1.2.5 some time today. There was a build released earlier, but apparently it wasn't good. FYI, ExtraBiomesXL will be updating as well (I'm one of the developers. :))

6. finkmac

finkmac GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    Over there
    I have to try ExtraBiomes.