Hacking Installing Hankaku and sd2vita

Maktubi91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So most of the question is in the the title but I’ll add the details here.
Well I got a vita on Hankaku 3.60 working with sd2vita and I want to change to a bigger sd card what do I need to do?
Ps I saw there was a thread with a guide about this issue I don’t know if it was exactly what I need and it’s a bit complex for me lol

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
So most of the question is in the the title but I’ll add the details here.
Well I got a vita on Hankaku 3.60 working with sd2vita and I want to change to a bigger sd card what do I need to do?
Ps I saw there was a thread with a guide about this issue I don’t know if it was exactly what I need and it’s a bit complex for me lol

well if you got everything working with the vita and sd2vita. all you need to do is copy everything from your current microSD in your sd2vita to a bigger microSD. make sure you have unhidden files what what not.

Maktubi91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
you mean simple copy paste?
like taking the sd card from the vita copy everything on it including hidden files to the pc and from it to the new sd card by the same process (simple copy paste) and it should work ?
follow up question i need to completely shut down the system before i take the sd card out?

Maktubi91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
anyone..
sorry for double posting but it seems simple enough and i dont want to make a rash decision and do more harm then good is that what i need to do?????

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if the SD card you are replacing it with is 200gb or above make sure you select a cluster size of 64kb when formatting, smaller size SD cards can be formatted with default cluster size

make sure you have show hidden files shown etc like when setting up the original SD2Vita SD card, and just copy and paste it all across on your PC to the new SD card, done

yes you need to completely power down the Vita before removing the SD card

Maktubi91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
well i turned the vita off and took out the card from the sloth and put it back in to see if it works but now everything disappeard (games) and in the content manager it doesnt read the card is that normal or im in truble ?
all the jailbrake stuff dissappeard vitashell the pkgj all of it any ideas?

Last edited by Maktubi91,

Maktubi91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
so its been a day and im still stuck in the same place is there any chance that the sd just died for some reason??
the only thing i did is to take it out of the vita and ever since i did that nothing reads it not the vita (no orange light next to where the you the card) my switch says it cant read it and in the computer the adapter doesnt recognize it and to top it all when i put the new card in the sd2vita stick it read it (orange light).
any ideas again sorry for double posting but again no one answers thanks in advance to anyone that could help!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.